When dropping a tree, what are you guys watching??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hope this has been said, didn’t read the whole thread. When the mass starts to lift I quit cutting, pull the saw out of the cut, and proceed along my previously planned/cleared escape route at a 45 degree angle back away from the line of fall. So what I am looking at as the fall proceeds is often the ground so my boots don’t encounter any surprises and my hard hat is covering my head as it’s supposed to. I don’t look at the falling stem until I am sufficiently far from any unexpected possible falling object. Sometimes I can then turn and still see the stem hit the ground, sometimes not.

some say that short stints of high volume isn't so bad. if yer on the saw all day, do wear hearing protection.
This from a kid thats been playing guitar through cranked half stacks for nigh on 30 years... but I wear plugs with a saw, or around whining machinery...

Sitting a few feet in front of a 100w twin reverb that's breaking up isn't a good way to preserve one's hearing. Albeit half the wattage, the EVH 5150 iii I recently got is even louder than the twin. It rattles the entire house. First noise complaint I've ever had called on me. Must rattle the neighbors' houses too.

Back