When was the 385XP introduced?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

twistedtree

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
I got mine (actually an XPG) the other day, and it's manufacture date is the end of 2003, so it's been sitting in inventory for quite a while. It's brand new and came from the Husky depot in Salt Lake, which is the only place they had the XPGs.

I'm OK with the older mfg date because it doesn't appear to have the carb limters, however it does have the older style fuel and oil caps which I hate. I'm going to ask the dealer to swap them.

Anyone know when the 385XP came out, and what other changes may have been made since late 2003? Are there reason's why I should go back and insist on a more recent production model?

Thanks

I think it came out in 2001, at the same time as the 357xp and 359.

These models were introduced in the same press release, but it is now gone from Huskys website.

Edit;
I found a paper copy of the press release.
It was dated june 2001.

Last edited:
I`m pretty sure that by the end of 03' the old style intake boots had all been swapped out but I would have the dealer make sure that you have the new style. The old ones had a habit of becoming brittle and cracking in the cold weather, something that you definitely don`t want, especially on an xpg.

A benefit of the older production 385 is that it probably doesn`t have a rev limited coil.

Russ

Is there a way for me to tell which boot I have?

I know some people had issues with the lower end on early production 385s. Any idea when changes were made to correct the problem. I sure don't want that problem.

Missing EPA stuff is all good from my perspective. One of the reasons I bought this saw now is to get it before they dissapear and get replaced by EPA Phase II models.

Latest posts

Back