When will we get light sabers for tree cutting?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just watched Star Wars The Force Awakens again. Watching those huge trees fall due to the incidental swing of a light saber made my chain saws seem, well, inadequate. Why buy and maintain antiquated chain saws? When will the light sabers be here?
I put a demonstration on 35 years ago.
Of course I wasn't cutting anything, I used laser pointers to show where to cut.
We already have lasers that will cut off tree branches.
They will burn down the neighbors house, knock jets out of the sky, and take out satellites.
Think groundsmen are dangerous with chain saws?

And this. No wonder I am deeply sceptical. Nothing was ever real.

View attachment 968412

Oh the x-ray vision thing is real. Sort of. Remember the Sony "Night Shot" fiasco? The recall cost them millions. If one added an IR lens filter (950nm?) and used the night shot IR feature in daylight, it could see through clothes. Thin layers, like bathing suits anyway. Some TV station in Japan took one to a local pool and the results were, um, revealing.

It exists now in camera form. Sony infrared camera, as I recall. Took images like this:

1645999281781.png

So effective, Sony took 'em off the market.

http://www.aparchive.com/metadata/youtube/ad99e1a3930185817a1275d284408e3b

Attachments

• 1645998908895.png
    1645998908895.png
    87.7 KB · Views: 6
They're still working out glitches in the power controls. Some dude at the test facility cut the ankles off 212 sheep in a pasture a quarter mile away. OSHA won't sign off on full production and distribution until they figure out how to protect elementary schools near logging shows.
Now that was funny....

And of course, our TSA regularly scans folks with equipment just as good. The story goes, however, that their equipment failed to pick up metal, so folks had to go through a metal scanner, too.

View attachment 968846
But not as good as what's available.
Gamma ray backscatter technology can see through a loaded truck full of bottles of shampoo or whatever and find one bottle that is filled with something "different. I've been told that they can actually tell what is in the bottle!

Yeah, but that can't be used to scan the girl's undies like the very popular Sony was good at. I've heard that people can opt out of the TSA body scan, but then they get frisked.

Seems like y'er gonna get privacy invaded to get on an airplane, regardless.
Gamma ray technology is used in other parts of the world but not TSA.
You can see absolutely everything. Everything!

The real reason they are not out yet is because no one in Research and Development can agree on what kind of oil is best and what ratio to run at.
I heard from a reliable source the there was a dispute about what the power source would be … AC D.C Solar Or battery power . I’m going with the nuke pumped Laser option…D

The main problem is keeping them sharp, the files get damm hot.
Safety Advantage of the nuke pumped laser is that you can drop the trees from the distance of 45 feet. This is the most expensive option but paying ten times more works out because the Merlin Sharping Block storage unit Sharpens the light saber each time you withdraw it from the Merlin Sharpening Block. D

Latest posts

Back