Where can I buy large felling spikes for a MS 461

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

066blaster

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
I would like 5 point, in a silver or chrome looking finish.
Baileys only seemed to have black. Do i have to get these at a dealer?

The only place I've found them in the stock silver color is at the dealer. Someone else will chime in later that knows more then I do and will probably know somewhere else to get them.

i looked on ebay and really couldn't find any. there was some where you had to buy the clutch cover too.

also is the 461 the same mounting pattern as the 440, 460, 660?

Metals406 makes some real nice 4 point. If you want 5 point silver you'll have to get OEM.

At the risk of stirring the pot, big dogs are useless. They are just for looks. Just part of the affectatious Paul Bunyan complex. Lol
John
I would like something bigger than what's on there now. And yes they look cool too. I cut big trees.

I would like something bigger than what's on there now. And yes they look cool too. I cut big trees.

how big? of tress do u cut .. i find that i like the 362 spikes on my 460 when im logging hard wood beacuse there isent alot of bark thus not digging in as much makeing your saw cut nice with out bogging it down .

how big? of tress do u cut .. i find that i like the 362 spikes on my 460 when im logging hard wood beacuse there isent alot of bark thus not digging in as much makeing your saw cut nice with out bogging it down .
36 ish mostly oak . I like bigger spikes. It nice if you gotta reach to make a cut. If the tree is up off the ground. And I like the 25 inch bars . I Cut over the top and down the back side. Then pull the saw down the front side to finish it. I guess it depends how you cut. I am typically pulling up on the saw not pushing down. Been using a 066 you can really lean on it with a 25 inch and not bog it at all

Yup, same inners, different outters on the 046-460, not sure on the 461. They were on ebay with the roller chain catcher included.

Btw, they will bolt up fine, but of you put the 440 dogs on a 460 the clutch side is ahead of the other dog by 1/4" or so.

But does one stick out the front more? I believe you have to match the spikes to the cover you have or one will stick out more.

Back