Where can I get a good bar from ???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Any opinions on a good bar for my 026.....:hmm3grin2orange:

36" big Husqy mount with .325 10T sprocket tip coupled to 20T racing drive gear and harvester chain (.080 - any bigger it wont handle very well)

Serious:

That's ok, Tom would have gave him a great deal on a new saw,maybe the 372....

Ole boy gets a A for effort, he fought the champ and lost with pride.:clap: :clap:

Will still give him a great deal on that 372, hell its a Sissy saw anyway!!

I have the perfect bar for you!!!!!

Now, here is the best bar that you can buy. As a matter of fact, I will sell this particular protorype bar for free, as long as you pay for shipping and handeling. I am hoping to make up my cost on future volume shipping. I am not sure what saw it will fit. It is a fine bar. Maybe a little touch up paint and a few taps to true it, and some tender loving care for the right person on the right saw...

A note to the AS sponsors, please don't bury me with heaps of raging flame posts!!!

Nostalgia? I figured on Ebay it would be a nearly new bar! A Rust-O-Matic, with lots of life left in it!

Actually the dogs dug it up from around here in one of the pastures. I bucketed up a mound down there and found a bunch of rusted out hand saws, the onld kind that are 4 to 6 foot long. Far beyond salvage, and way older than the saw bar here. I dunno wat era that bar comes from. The 1950's? Its is a fairly wide tapered bar.

Nostalgia? I figured on Ebay it would be a nearly new bar! A Rust-O-Matic, with lots of life left in it!

Actually the dogs dug it up from around here in one of the pastures. I bucketed up a mound down there and found a bunch of rusted out hand saws, the onld kind that are 4 to 6 foot long. Far beyond salvage, and way older than the saw bar here. I dunno wat era that bar comes from. The 1950's? Its is a fairly wide tapered bar.

Just take a belt sander to it and spray it with wd40. should get $25 and a negative feedback. LoL

Last edited:
I might be able to use that bar.....a little milling,plasma cutter,belt sander,sand blaster....and some paint....she'll ought ta fit my 026 just fine......think you can find a matching chain for it? :)

Actually,you might find a market for those old handsaws if they are salvagable. Alot of people around here like to hang those up on the barn next to the moose antlers.

Yah, there were way past salvagable. Obviously broken way back when and left on the ground one year, and dirt and dust collected, and 75 years later there was a mound over them. I would definately salvage hand saws. Around here they go for big bucks. Actually the dogs dug up another small regular type hand saw with square head bolts on it. At least 50 years old. Probably went with the chainsaw bar that they uncovered. These dogs are training themselves to be diggers for archeologists!

We have tons of stuff around here from logging over the years. There is a pump and chain assembly with a single cylinder engine and piston along one skid road. In one of the draws ia an old saw mill setup, with a round blade with straight point teeth on it. Above th ehouse there are a lot of cable yarding steel pulleys and wheels and cables. I snag cables all over here when I dig the blackberries up with the tooth bar on the tractor. Then there is a car buried way up in a top meadow, with a refrigerator and stove. They make good targets. Never know when an old stove is actually dead. They seem to always need more holes drilled into them to make sure they do not revive and wander off someplace else.

i can get a brand new bar and chain for less than $75 guaranteed!!! Straight from my dealer, prolly $16 for the chain and roughly $35-$45 on the bar. All brand new stihl. Bar and chain are stihl.:jawdrop:

Methinks that you guys do not understand that Kevin's post here about looking for chainsaw bars was a joke, in response to another thread that was pulled from AS... humor, extra dry.

Latest posts

Back