Where can you buy C clips ?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not even sure what brand the piston is. It is for an 026. The OEM Stihl clips are too small in gauge or diameter and I am afraid to use them.

Suely one can just buy a box of 10mm and 12mm circlips from somebody.

I saw some at a Bumper-To-Bumper auto parts store this afternoon. Had a bunch of sizes.

If you will caliper them and post measurements I might have a new pair I didnt use. I have never found aftermarket circlips by themselves.

If you will caliper them and post measurements I might have a new pair I didnt use. I have never found aftermarket circlips by themselves.

I don't have any to measure, don't know where they went. I'm trying to think of some way to measure the groove. I don't think I have any tool to do it with. Thanks anyway.

I don't have any to measure, don't know where they went. I'm trying to think of some way to measure the groove. I don't think I have any tool to do it with. Thanks anyway.

Piece of silly putty or playdoh, or soft solder should work to make a mold to measure.

Based on what I have read earlier here, I wouldn't trust any aftermarket ones, as they are known to often break. Go OEM!

Based on what I have read earlier here, I wouldn't trust any aftermarket ones, as they are known to often break. Go OEM!

I just ate a Woods Ported 346XPNE 50cc P&C because I used the AM circlips. To beat it all my supplier sent me these clips and told me not to use the ones in the kit. The circlip broke. I will NEVER use AM clips again. The ones in the Golf piston kits are the worst. After that expierience I'm tearing down 5-55 Husky's to replace the clips.
Shep

After reading a few horror stories about cheap AM pistons i wouldn't use that piston unless your 100% its a meteor or Episan ,let alone chase up AM clips for it,
save yourself the trouble and start fresh with a meteor/Episan piston

After reading a few horror stories about cheap AM pistons i wouldn't use that piston unless your 100% its a meteor or Episan ,let alone chase up AM clips for it,
save yourself the trouble and start fresh with a meteor/Episan piston

Might not be a bad idea. I am thinking that this piston is one that I tried to install a year or so ago and the clips were fat with little spring, if you bent them enough to get in the groove they stayed bent, and I threw them away. I'm sure I put a Meteor in that saw.

This is a saw that belongs to my sisters BIL. Has some piston damage, but it still runs. Probably straight gassed, but could be a seal.

Trying to fix it cheap since he is not going to do anything with it anyway.

I'm not around saws alot but I've measured some at 1mm thick and some at .8mm

I think the thinner one(.80mm)was an oem mahle piston on a makita cutoff saw.

Your aftermarket piston probably uses a 1mm thick. Hope you find a set.

take your piston to a good hardware store and show the old guy behind the counter what your looking for. my little bitty hardware store in town has a small cabinet of c clips

Might not be a bad idea. I am thinking that this piston is one that I tried to install a year or so ago and the clips were fat with little spring, if you bent them enough to get in the groove they stayed bent, and I threw them away. I'm sure I put a Meteor in that saw.

This is a saw that belongs to my sisters BIL. Has some piston damage, but it still runs. Probably straight gassed, but could be a seal.

Trying to fix it cheap since he is not going to do anything with it anyway.

all the more reason to get it right,family members Biatch more than strangers

the C-CLIPS WILL BE ON The shelf packed between the B-clips and the D-clips

Back