Where did the AS braintrust go?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

My2cents

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
I have noticed that the usuals haven't been around here lately.
Did they: 1. get jobs?
2. incarceration?
3.found a more elite forum that could cater to there pronounced chainsaw knowledge?

Spot on! They got thrown in the clink, which gave them a captive audience of a higher quality that we have here, and are now working for $0.50/day making plates and road signs.

You're stuck with me now.

I tried "Clarity" once, it made me look fat. And it tasted like
Peach Schnappes.
But I am willing to try anything new, as long as it is moral

I wouldnt even begin to call myself a fountain of knowledge but i was a regular for alittle while, I blame my lack of participation on

Engineering School

Engineering school? Is that what it takes to get a Mac 610 running? :)

My father was a mechanical/thermal engineer with the space program and semiconductor industry. Have fun!

My lack of activity is due to the fact that I have been cutting out of state for the last 6 weeks and have no net access where I am staying:( I only come home every two weeks or so (depends on the weather)

I am sure I spotted Gypo and Doug all dressed up going door to door selling conversion kits to turn your weedeater into an industrial Dacquri (sic?) mixer, I think Dennis did the design work and talked Gypo and Doug into investing and marketing the invention.:D

What happened to Walt Galer and Dagger?

Maybe that "Beginner" guy ran off the real chainsaw guys.

And, it does not take engineering to fix McCullochs; it take luck and magic. They didn't have engineers at McCulloch either, they got some magicians from Ireland, they waved little wands and it made the McCullochs run for long enough to get them out in the marketplace. They had the PM6. It took a lot of magic. So they ran out of magic and went broke.

interest, comes an goes. nothin good last forever. kinda like being drunk.
ey fish.:)
saw a picture of a stihl exec in turf mag, with what he called the future. a 4 stroke trimmer. he said conversion to that might take until 2005. epa reg etc. i guess these things, we like so good mite be dinosaurs waitin for the ice age.,and its just around the corner.
of course theres another angle.
these present 2 cycles will probably be grandfathered in. possibly makin them a good investment. say by2007.

:)

hey don't be a knocking those muckalucks, or i'll grind off my depth gauges and point this right at ya................................

Aw, I'm not knocking Macs, just the newer junky ones. I have a mint 250 that's slated for revival this spring. Open stack (say what!?).

Now those are some spikes on that SP125.

It will always amaze me how Mac managed to be the no.1 saw maker and managed to completely ruin their entire business. I think they are worse than Homelite because Mac had more market share. Homelite is a bunch of idiots also, however

I said "mint", not "clean". :) It looks like it was dipped in oil and dirt, but under that I think it's like new.

Is that 250 original? Did you get it out of the crate?

john, yea its original. paid 140 on ebay. supposedly it was found in the attic of a homestead in canada by a fellow who worked for the canadian land management or something like that. he had it for 10 years, then sold it to a collector who then had it another 10 years but never ran it. basically all i did was wipe it down good, rinsed the tanks and put fresh mix and oil and it fired right up, tweaked the carb and it runs perfect. when i pulled the muffler,(this is a later model that has what actually resembles a muffler) the top of the piston was still clean. i don't think it had more than 5 hours on it, if that. i have run a 32" gb with oregon round chisel and it pulls it through 24" hard maple easily. currently i got a nos mcC 28" hard nose on it. those are pretty cool old bars. a fun saw to run, for sure.

Well Engineering school doesnt really take up much time, well i start my summer classes this coming may (yippee)

That and i just started building custom PC's over the past semester. Man alive you can build an kickass computer for half of what it cost from dell or what not. Also, like what Dennis can do to a saw i can do to a CPU. Nothing like buying a $50 CPU and running it like a $200 dollar one. Amazing little things those CPU's are.

well i might just have to get my saw out and cut wood out of frustration and stress relief.

later guys and remember measure twice and ah screw it fire the bad saw up and cut like hell

Back