Where is bar oil tank air vent hole on Husqvarna 440...

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The oil line from the tank, is cracked. Replace it. Oil flows freely thru the broken hose, and doesn't oil the chain because it never gets pumped. Simple answer to simple question.
The tank vent is a green dickbill rubber part, hidden behind a plug, and is easily spotted. Pry out the cap, and vent, and replace them; 10 bucks.

The tank vent is a green dickbill rubber part, hidden behind a plug, and is easily spotted. Pry out the cap, and vent, and replace them; 10

The tank vent is a green dickbill rubber part, hidden behind a plug, and is easily spotted. Pry out the cap, and vent, and replace them; 10 bucks.
I couldn't locate it on the 440 model.
Anyhow can you upload the picture for the location of duckbill and plug?
Thanks in advance
2.jpg 1.jpg

The problem with the oiling is caused by the rear chain guide plate not oil pump nor rubber boots.
Once I replaced the plate, the oil came out as it should have.
I guess the plate makes air circulation to the oil pump for pumping the oil. Once it was bad, it didn't circulate the air enough to the pump.
Additionally, this particular model doesn't have duckbill nor plug(very strange)
Thank you for all of your help.
John
DSCN3474.JPGDSCN3475.JPG

Guys... it all has to do with the oil tank vent being clogged, as evidenced by the fact when he states, "when the oil tank filler cap is removed the oil flows freely". If the oil tank air vent is plugged, a vacuum is created and oil will not flow. Even if you replaced all the oil pumping parts. On the 440 that vent is not in an obvious spot that is easily seen. Get that vent port cleaned, so a vacuum is not created on the tank and your issue is gone. Like most of you, I too learned this the hard / costly way.

Latest posts

Back