Where to buy replacement calks???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mud McMudderson

Reaction score
Hi all. I just made an account to see if someone could tell me if there is still someone out there who makes replacement calks like these. I assume these are replaceable? They are old Danner boots.

Thanks.

217634952_5957405400998594_2492728418128673521_n.jpg

Those are permanent calks. Gotta get resoled, I think. One bootmaker that is no longer in business said that those are better for balance than the screw in calks.
can confirm my first pair had permanent spikes, they were like magic for my balance sadly they where old when I got em, and started spitting nails shortly after.

When you have them resoled they can be resoled with the newer style screw in caulks. I’m not sure who even does the hammered in style. As far as stability, 🤷🏼‍. I’ve not spent much (read:any) time in caulk boots. My boots with a lug sole have always gotten me why I’ve needed to gk.

I've had both and wore them every work day. I can't think of much difference except when doing Sale Ad work, where yarders were setting up on a paved road, it was nice to be able to put sharp ones back in.

Local boot maker told me that the leather needed for drive caulks became impossible to get because the chemicals that they used to tan it were a no go. He still had some up the attic but it wasn’t worth building them.

Latest posts

Back