where to start?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ramdad

Saw handler
Reaction score
hello fellow collegues, greeting from the almost great white north of southern ontario canada. I'm new to this site and I must say if anyone is near my area please feel free to contact me. I'm slow at computers but make up for it in enthusiasm. I would like to start by saying you all seem to be tremenddous people on this site. Just a wealth of knowledge and kindness.. I am proud to be in a member of this site with you all. Now, all that said, I have to many problems and not enough time or experience to solve them regarding my saws. Smallest to tallest Poulan Pro 180 wont stay running if not choked. Carb? Where do I start? I beleive Guido out there is well versed in Poulans, as he was my inspiration on this little investment. P.S love the pics.
Next I have 2 Stihl 028s that are worlds apart, why a tillison carb on one and a wallbro on the other? Anyone have a decent used jug and slug for these that they would part with. I managed to acquire 2.5 more parts rigs and no one is of the same configuration, save for plastics and cases.. mostly. One 028 has no brake and looks like I will have to change the case on a newer? model 028 case or..any help would be appreciated and the other I am so frustrated with I dont know where to start. I think I will seek pro help on that becuase I'm exhuasted on it. If anyone has any specs or diagrams out there. it would be greatly appreciated I'm kind of new to this great hobby. I have a few Stihls 011, 034, ms 290 for maintance work that I use but am just budding on getting into them. Any help would be great.

028's.

You have an early version 028 (no brake and the Tillotson carb.) And the later version, which has a Walbro carb and most likely electronic ignition.

There are three different size cylinders available for this model. Several site sponsor's here can get what you need.

Welcome, on the Poulan start with a cab kit and double check all fuel lines for rot or softness.

Back