Where's Gypo

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Jeff, to each their own, I think John had a great time meeting us.
He ran alot of saws, we compared chains.
It was about having a good time. He ran the 3120 that won Webster 2 years ago. The one that won it last year was the one that Cliff sold to Bud Smittly.
Rick

GC.jpg

Yes, I am going to Webster. I have no idea about your Mac. The saw that won Eagle River this year was running alcohol and it was -10F with no breather. BTW, that was one of Cliff's too. Cliff's saws won Eagle River for the last 4 years.
Rick

Cliff and his son Phillip really like the 385 John built for them and he's now building another for them they are so impressed. For payment on his new 3120.
Here's a video of Cliff cutting down a Red Oak with his new Gypo 385.
Rick

Last edited:
Jeff, I don't want to argue about an old Mac that won't run. It could have been a # of things.
No matter what I say, you're going to believe EHP anyway so take his answer to the bank. It's hard to diagnose a saw when you can't see it.
Rick

PLAYINWOOD said:
Rik I'll give credit when credit is due.Good photos and the boys know how to use saws.nice low cut.What type of wood is that?looks like red maple bark here.

Red Oak

Rick

I thought he was going to Kingston, but he showed up here in Manton.
Is that ok with you?
Rick

HELSEL said:
Red Oak

Rick
tighter bark, wider "grooves" than we have here.Ed bought basswood today and the locals including me swore it was an ash.This is going by the tightness of growth rings and bark.Just goes to show you learn something new everyday.

PLAYINWOOD said:
I'll leave this question open to qualified persons only!!!

Sight unseen, I would say the problem would not be a rich running condition. I would suspect a vacuum issue associated with port configuration and timing. If it would run covered.

You didn't say if it runs with a cover on it. You didn't even say if you got it started. Your scenario is very vague. If you want a real opinion get the saw in your hands and tell us something.

If you said, " my 359 won't run what the problem." We would have only one less piece of information. Questions where answers are desired have all the pertainent info with them.

Fred

Here's a logging show run by Jason and my son Craig is the skidder operator and Jason runs the slasher. In the background is a strock delimber.
Rick

JasonandCraig.jpg

Back