Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yea, I'm posting now because I was out cutting wood all day today (a good sized White Oak, a lot of work).

It amazes me how much bashing the 362 C gets for it's weight, when you never see similar comment applied to the 562 or 262, which weight as much or more.

But you can't change bias, it just continues to dribble on!

Oh, and for the record, when your arms are getting tired of limbing & reaching with the 044, and you switch to the 362, it feels like a feather!
Haha. Imagine how the OP will feel after he swaps from an 084!

Maaaaybeee the beer. Lol
I kinda figured U might uh had a bad day with the Husqy, and the beer brought it all out in the open.:laugh:
Well my dealer said he can sell me a new 461 for $890 (before tax). Sounds like a good deal to me, but like u said, too much saw. Especially with only a 20 inch bar.
Nah! It's just your reasoning battling against your desire. U better take it now or U'll be regretting it later when you're out there, and there's that big tree you've got to tackle, and U think : "Man, if I only had that saw now, it'd be worth it all just to lay into this one.":heart::chainsaw:

Yea, I'm posting now because I was out cutting wood all day today (a good sized White Oak, a lot of work).

It amazes me how much bashing the 362 C gets for it's weight, when you never see similar comment applied to the 562 or 262, which weight as much or more.

Oh, and for the record, when your arms are getting tired of limbing & reaching with the 044, and you switch to the 362, it feels like a feather!
Those type of people should try running a 394xp with a 36" even for a few hours.

Mike im bein dead serious with you...i can barely tell the difference between my 044/440s over my 362 ( both with wrap handles )..im sure the difference is there but its nothin worth talkin about.

Those type of people should try running a 394xp with a 36" even for a few hours.

Goin from a 90cc saw to a 60cc saw is naturally a big change..thats expected.

Goin from one of the lightest 70cc saws to a blocky 60cc saw is a different story.

These arguements make me nervous.

It's more about how a saw feels in your hands than what the numbers on a scale say.

Example; a 357xp feels better to me than a 262xp, or a 562xp, or a ms362. Doesn't matter which one is lighter or heavier.
This - for me - is a great example.
I preferred the 562, and sold my 359 after a few months of having both.
I also haven't picked up the 346 since getting a 550, I can't imagine selling it though, and haven't been able to put it in the collection for my employees to use!
We just have opposing opinions sunfish.

This - for me - is a great example.
I preferred the 562, and sold my 359 after a few months of having both.
I also haven't picked up the 346 since getting a 550, I can't imagine selling it though, and haven't been able to put it in the collection for my employees to use!
We just have opposing opinions sunfish.

Give it some thought before you buy though... it really doesn't like bars bigger than 16". If your cutting larger wood I would look at the 562 if your a husky guy.

I had a 550 for awhile before I moved to the 362, it was a good saw just not very good with a 20" bar.
I think it's only the strongest ported 50cc saws that would like a 20" bar, and even then you'd need to be conscious of chain choices.
Even if the 550 could run a 20" bar, the balance would be horrible for me.
Mine is very lightly modded and runs a 17" 64dl 3/8 setup with a ridiculous authority for a 50cc saw in Aussie hardwood. Even that is slightly too nose heavy for my liking.
My 562 runs a reduced weight 20" bar, and that is a lovely saw to use.
I have enough time on a 346, 359, 550, and 562 to bore most people witless by describing my feelings about the differences.

I think it's only the strongest ported 50cc saws that would like a 20" bar, and even then you'd need to be conscious of chain choices.
Even if the 550 could run a 20" bar, the balance would be horrible for me.
Mine is very lightly modded and runs a 17" 64dl 3/8 setup with a ridiculous authority for a 50cc saw in Aussie hardwood. Even that is slightly too nose heavy for my liking.
My 562 runs a reduced weight 20" bar, and that is a lovely saw to use.
I have enough time on a 346, 359, 550, and 562 to bore most people witless by describing my feelings about the differences.

I'm going back to the OP question of a 60cc saw, a quality 60cc saw can pull a 20" bar just saying.

Well my dealer said he can sell me a new 461 for $890 (before tax). Sounds like a good deal to me, but like u said, too much saw. Especially with only a 20 inch bar.

Wow! That is a good price. Better than I can get here with my discount, though we do not have sales tax here. You can always have them put a 25 on it.

Since we're on the subject of 60cc saws...can someone with knowledge verify the fuel and oil capacity of the Dolmar 6100. Their website says it holds 27 oz. of fuel and 16.2 oz. of oil. That is MUCH higher than any other saw in the 60cc class. If those numbers are correct, it would put the 6100 at nearly 16 lbs. ready to cut (15.95). Is this right?

@CoreyB, do you know?

Since we're on the subject of 60cc saws...can someone with knowledge verify the fuel and oil capacity of the Dolmar 6100. Their website says it holds 27 oz. of fuel and 16.2 oz. of oil. That is MUCH higher than any other saw in the 60cc class. If those numbers are correct, it would put the 6100 at nearly 16 lbs. ready to cut (15.95). Is this right?

@CoreyB, do you know?
http://www.kwf-online.de/deutsch/pruef/pruefergebnisse/aagw/motorsaegen/6679_14.pdf

830ml and 500ml, 28oz and 17oz

Ya I too have noticed the posted weights change online of several saws over this past year or 2. Funny thing is they had the 562 right the first time.
I posted the dry weight on my 562xp powerhead just after taking it out of the box - 12lbs 8 oz. on the nose.

Maybe they added some lead into the latest releases to give it another 4 ounces, just to make the competition feel a little better - lol - JUST KIDDING!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the saws you are looking at - it comes down to the one that feels best in your hands. They all get old sooner or later, so just buy the one that feels the best.

Back