Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ya I too have noticed the posted weights change online of several saws over this past year or 2. Funny thing is they had the 562 right the first time.
I posted the dry weight on my 562xp powerhead just after taking it out of the box - 12lbs 8 oz. on the nose.

Maybe they added some lead into the latest releases to give it another 4 ounces, just to make the competition feel a little better - lol - JUST KIDDING!

I don't think you can go wrong with any of the saws you are looking at - it comes down to the one that feels best in your hands. They all get old sooner or later, so just buy the one that feels the best.

Husky's website has the 562xp listed at 13.0 lbs. They gained a full 1/2 pound?

@SawTroll?

Wow! Thanks. That puts it over 16 lbs. ready to cut.
Yes, but......
The larger tanks, and lower fuel usage than its competitors means that it should put a lot more wood on the ground per tank, an advantage for some of us. To me, very personally, that is vastly more significant than the weight at the start of a tankful.
My saws are empty, just as often as they are full.
Dolmar isn't an easy saw to run commercially for me as I don't have a local parts supply. It would need to be a second 60cc saw, and that is something I don't need at the moment. It would be a big contract that would make me buy one.

Since we're on the subject of 60cc saws...can someone with knowledge verify the fuel and oil capacity of the Dolmar 6100. Their website says it holds 27 oz. of fuel and 16.2 oz. of oil. That is MUCH higher than any other saw in the 60cc class. If those numbers are correct, it would put the 6100 at nearly 16 lbs. ready to cut (15.95). Is this right?

@CoreyB, do you know?
Yes it does hold that much and runs forever. I just got in from cutting up a big old hard red oak and I cut roughly 75 rounds starting at 22" down to 8" on just one tank of fuel. It never ran out I just filled it up when I got back so I am not for sure how much longer it would have ran. I will try an measure how much it took to top off. (everything below 8" I used my 192 on and took 3 tanks of fuel )
Mine (with my fish scale) with a 24" forester pro bar weighs 17.5 pounds full of oil and fuel. But that bar is heavy, if I remember correctly it is like 3.75 pounds by itself.
So I would say your weight guess is pretty close.

Yes it does hold that much and runs forever. I just got in from cutting up a big old hard red oak and I cut roughly 75 rounds starting at 22" done to 8" on just one tank of fuel (everything below 8" I used my 192 on and took 3 tanks of fuel )
Mine (with my fish scale) with a 24" forester pro bar weighs 17.5 pounds full of oil and fuel. But that bar is heavy, if I remember correctly it is like 3.75 pounds by itself.
So I would say your weight guess is pretty close.

Thanks Corey. Something is not making sense to me though. PHO is 13 lb, 4 oz. -- Fuel 27 oz. -- Oil 16.2 oz. and that adds up to 15.95 lbs. Add a 3.75 lb. bar and that is 19.7 lbs. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks Corey. Something is not making sense to me though. PHO is 13 lb, 4 oz. -- Fuel 27 oz. -- Oil 16.2 oz. and that adds up to 15.95 lbs. Add a 3.75 lb. bar and that is 19.7 lbs. What am I doing wrong?
Nothing. My fish scale probably subtracts 5 pounds because when I go tell the story of my catch I am going to add 5 pounds.
No it is just one of those spring scales and probably 35 years old so I would not put much of any stock in the weights it measures. If I ever care enough of how fat I am to get a scale I will re weigh it. But don't hold your breath. I fear my wife would try and cut my beer off.

Ryan, there have been several times when I get tired limbing with the 044 and switch to the 362 and notice the weight difference, and the scale tells me the mind is not lying to the body, so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you are just lacking the ability to feel the difference for some reason, I'm not. It is almost a full pound difference, or about 7 percent, and I can certainly feel the difference, especially when my arms start getting fatigued.

Yea, it is like asking 12 "experts" which way the stock market is going to go, and 6 tell you up, and 6 tell you down, and then you really understand what is going on!!!

It's like asking someone who bought s new truck how you like it, well after just having paid almost 50 grand they all say they love it, if one buys a brand name saw its generally good quality. Hope the OP isn't asking sorry I asked !!!!

Not sure if you bought a saw yet or not? I have a MS361 and sent it to Scott tree monkey and he did a port job to it. My choices when doing tree service range from 201T all the way up to MS880 and hands down my go to saw is always the MS361. Everything about it is just so right.

If you want a do it all smile all day kind of saw buy a MS361 and send it out to be ported and you will never have to look back.

Sent from somewhere

Not sure if you bought a saw yet or not? I have a MS361 and sent it to Scott tree monkey and he did a port job to it. My choices when doing tree service range from 201T all the way up to MS880 and hands down my go to saw is always the MS361. Everything about it is just so right.

If you want a do it all smile all day kind of saw buy a MS361 and send it out to be ported and you will never have to look back.

Sent from somewhere
Yea that seems to be a popular option! Im going to give the 361 a look for sure next weekend, then depending on how nice it is ill go from there.

Ryan, there have been several times when I get tired limbing with the 044 and switch to the 362 and notice the weight difference, and the scale tells me the mind is not lying to the body, so I don't know what to tell you. Maybe you are just lacking the ability to feel the difference for some reason, I'm not. It is almost a full pound difference, or about 7 percent, and I can certainly feel the difference, especially when my arms start getting fatigued.

Im not sure , i guess i just dont pay attention to that stuff , its small potatoes to me..ill notice it on a big change ( like 20 or 30cc + gap ) in tools but not 7% , im goin to start workin on a contract job this week for a municipality for 41 maple tree removals ( i think thats the number ) and ill have a top handle and maybe a 60 or 70cc saw they arent super big trees..im gonna try to pay more attention to this stuff i read on here.

Latest posts

Back