Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
lf the op has bought a saw and we want to get this thread to 30+ pages the op only needs to ask what is the best bar and chain to get.

No no no no... he only needs to ask the magic question:

What oil should I use in a 60cc saw?
And the answer would be JASO FD 40:1 in super E0 gas. And Canola bar oil.

No no no no... he only needs to ask the magic question:

What oil should I use in a 60cc saw?
And the answer would be JASO FD 40:1 in super E0 gas. And Canola bar oil.
That is the question to get it to page 50...

And I like your answer! Mine would have been the same! I would only have added ISO-L-EGD and APT TC.

wait a minute .... I THINK my calculations were off.

My dry 562xp saw powerhead weighed in at 12.8 lbs when I weighed it new out of the box, but looking a little closer, it seems it is in fact - 12 pounds and 12.8 ounces - if my math challenged brain has this correct.

i.e. .8 of a pound = 12.8 ounces

Digital scales mix pounds and ounces (16 ounces in a pound) with decimal percentage based on an ounce being comprised of .1x10 = 1 ounce

North America should have made the full transition to metric - makes things far easier.

Anyway it's late, so if I'm having a brain fart here ... feel free to straighten me out : - ) lol

end result - my 562xp dry powerhead was 12 pounds and 12.8 ounces, or 12.8 lbs.
3.2 ounces shy of 13 lbs.

lf the op has bought a saw and we want to get this thread to 30+ pages the op only needs to ask what is the best bar and chain to get.
I didnt get a saw yet, but now that u mentioned it, what is the best bar and chain? lol. See how long this thread will get.

I didnt get a saw yet, but now that u mentioned it, what is the best bar and chain? lol. See how long this thread will get.
Must be a reduced wieght bar even if you need to pay 5x regular price and freight it from other side of the globe. Preferably Japanese and shinny as a mirror however cannon is releasing a new light bar which many are waiting for. l have a 15" 0.058 bar on a 555 with 9pin drive sprocket running stihl .325/.063 26RM chain. Wierd combo 063 chain in 058 bar but l run the chain in first on an 063 bar to wear it a bit then it fits nicely in the 058 bar. Windsor Speed tip RSN. Make sense??

Must be a reduced wieght bar even if you need to pay 5x regular price and freight it from other side of the globe. Preferably Japanese and shinny as a mirror however cannon is releasing a new light bar which many are waiting for. l have a 15" 0.058 bar on a 555 with 9pin drive sprocket running stihl .325/.063 26RM chain. Wierd combo 063 chain in 058 bar but l run the chain in first on an 063 bar to wear it a bit then it fits nicely in the 058 bar. Windsor Speed tip RSN. Make sense??
How do you find the 9 pin? When I've tried 8 pin 325 I found it got dull quick, I can only imagine 9 pin being worse.

I was in the same boat a month ago and went with a Dolmar 6100. Better filtration and power than the
stihl and not far behind the 562 for power. Better price to boot.
If money is no object the 562xp can't be beat though.
Yepp 562XP very good choise.
Run better then my MS390 an that's a 64cc.

That is the question to get it to page 50...

And I like your answer! Mine would have been the same! I would only have added ISO-L-EGD and APT TC.

APT TC is obsolete, and beat to death by JASO FD. ISO-L-EGD is pretty much the same as JASO FD (but slightly superior to it in nit-pick Troll terms). We could jack this thread and turn it into an oil thread. Or we could talk about proper bar length on a 60cc saw (oh, the OP already brought that subject up). Or talk about what to do about Syria.

Hey 7, since you are in Austria, have you heard anything there about the MS462 yet? The OP brought up the option of getting a 461 here.

Nope. You need a Piltz competition fat belly Cannon bar and chain, Piltz falling dawgs, and a Piltz 10 tooth rim drive on a Stihl MS362 saw!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-Cannon-...hash=item3f4da86985:m:mcI9auFfWsqskx4gqxrlPhQ
http://www.ebay.com/itm/PILTZ-Chain...058754?hash=item540c62ddc2:g:adgAAOSw7I5TvexO
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Chain-Saw-R...hash=item43a4e7197d:m:myy3tjA0vcfkYBxfLOGdXgg

Or just get this used Stihl MS250 from him with a 32" B&C setup to really scream! (when it is bogged down in the wood and the bar runs dry of oil)...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/PILTZ-Stihl...094058?hash=item3f582a1aea:g:9TAAAMXQVD1SKrYD

APT TC is obsolete, and beat to death by JASO FD. ISO-L-EGD is pretty much the same as JASO FD (but slightly superior to it in nit-pick Troll terms). We could jack this thread and turn it into an oil thread...
Hey 7, since you are in Austria, have you heard anything there about the MS462 yet? The OP brought up the option of getting a 461 here.
Hi windthrown,

I am aware what the norms mean, I just mentioned the other norms since in my experience the oil manufacturers don't always have all norms mentioned on the bottle, often only one or two. So for uninformed it is often unclear if the oil is sufficient or not if the norm that they know is missing.

Nothing new here yet, we are also awaiting it's release. Here is a thread with very few photos.
http://motorsaegen-portal.de/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=88189

The discussion at the moment is the release of the new lighter and more powerful 261 and 362. 261 300g lighter and 4 hp and 362 200g lighter is what is known. Here is the thread with a few photos.
http://motorsaegen-portal.de/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=90368

This is what is suposed to change, info from datotho, I'll try to translate:
Also jetzt hab ich alle abgeänderten Teile parat für die MS 362(vermutlich bei der MS 261 die gleiche Kur)
changed parts of the 362, it is assumed that the 261 will have similar changes
Zylinder (geänderte Kühlrippen,weniger Gewicht, gleicher Kolben)
Cylinder with different ribs and less weight, piston the same
Kettenraddeckel (bessere Spanabfuhr laut Stihl, passt nur an Sägen mit neuer Kurbelgehäusehälfte)
chain cover with better clearance of chips, only fits the new crankcase
Krallenanschlag (leichter und angeblich besser greifend)
leighter dawgs, supposed to claw in better
Kurbelgehäuse Abtriebsseite (angepasst an Kettenraddeckel und Krallenanschlag, jetzt mit Aluschrauben verbunden 3NM + 90°)
new crankcase, now with aluminum screws
Haube (an Zylinder angepasst)
new cylinder cover
Kupplung (leichter)
clutch is lighter
Kupplungsglocke (leichter, geringere Materialstärke)
clutch bell is lighter, less material thickness

oil thread?
b1137afce6ddc374f225e21a597da397.jpg

Sent from somewhere

How do you find the 9 pin? When I've tried 8 pin 325 I found it got dull quick, I can only imagine 9 pin being worse.
The 555 has standard (large) spline clutch drum so 7&8 pin .325 drive sprockets are hard to find:rolleyes:, so 9 is what l have. It is quite a fun fast setup in sub 14" wood. Would not be my fist pick if wanting to run a 20"bar in bigger wood, but makes a fast light limbing saw....good throttle response and enough nuts to run 9pin in smaller wood. Before l tried it first l thought l would go back to 7pin 3\8.....but l got a bunch of stihl 26RM so wanted to give it a go and she's staying that way for a while.:cool:

The discussion at the moment is the release of the new lighter and more powerful 261 and 362. 261 300g lighter and 4 hp and 362 200g lighter is what is known.

Veddy interestink! (bad German accent here). Very Pertinent to this thread as well. How unusual to get back on center here on AS. The 362 is already up to 4.69 HP with M-tronic. Stateside anyway. I do not know about the European version. 300 grams is 0.66 lb., which would make the 363 the same as a 361 in weight.

The 555 has standard (large) spline clutch drum so 7&8 pin .325 drive sprockets are hard to find:rolleyes:, so 9 is what l have. It is quite a fun fast setup in sub 14" wood. Would not be my fist pick if wanting to run a 20"bar in bigger wood, but makes a fast light limbing saw....good throttle response and enough nuts to run 9pin in smaller wood. Before l tried it first l thought l would go back to 7pin 3\8.....but l got a bunch of stihl 26RM so wanted to give it a go and she's staying that way for a while.:cool:
I like 325 when I'm killing olives. All those little stems are horrible with 3/8.

Latest posts

Back