Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am curious where the comment that the 362 has great filtration comes from. I have ran a friends, but never looked at the filter in detail. As far as I could tell it's traditional crappy Stihl filtration with a better filter element.
I can't imagine that you would care if you didn't cut dry redgum, or a similar environment where dust/fines were inevitable.
I make do by being very particular with greasing sealing surfaces and watching the details, but while I wouldn't own a 362 I have to admit the advantages it has over the huskies in bad (Australian) conditions.
When cutting conditions are good, I don't think there is anything to talk about.

I agree to take that back and get your money back, but I would NOT buy a 362- had a stock one and a ported one. Go with a 6100 from Nate (fordf150) or Carl (MillerModSaws), or get a 555 or 562 from Terry (Tlandrum) or (Spike60). Either of those 4 will beat your local prices. I have never bought a saw from a local dealer. There's no reason to for me, with the great sponsors/dealers we have here. Or a Echo 590. Nate is a Echo dealer as well.
Yep 6100!:rock::rock::rock:
20151212_152728.jpg
:bowdown::bowdown::muscle:
:innocent:

The pleated HD-2 filter on the 362 C is better than the filters on most (or all, I have not seen all of them) of the other saws mentioned.

Anyone who wants to compare performance of their 60 cc saw, just meet me at a GTG, don't know what else to say.

IMO, the 362 C receives more unfair criticism than any other saw both as it relates to performance & weight.

That said, I am not bashing any of the other 60 cc saws, they are all good, but nothing wrong with the 362 C either.

I am curious where the comment that the 362 has great filtration comes from. I have ran a friends, but never looked at the filter in detail. As far as I could tell it's traditional crappy Stihl filtration with a better filter element.

Been dropping many dead ash here, the ash bore has played havoc in my area. I have found the 362C to handle the fine dust exceptionaly well. The filter action is light years ahead of the older saws. IMO

I agree to take that back and get your money back, but I would NOT buy a 362- had a stock one and a ported one. Go with a 6100 from Nate (fordf150) or Carl (MillerModSaws), or get a 555 or 562 from Terry (Tlandrum) or (Spike60). Either of those 4 will beat your local prices. I have never bought a saw from a local dealer. There's no reason to for me, with the great sponsors/dealers we have here. Or a Echo 590. Nate is a Echo dealer as well.
Terry, Spike, and Nate sell JRed too...2258/2260:innocent:

Ive had all these saws now , gave em' all a fair shake..let guys ive worked with run em' ... tried em' stock and ported...the 2260 is my favorite and a 361 is a close 2nd...a 362 is too close in feel to some of the 70cc saws , If mine wasn't a gift i would have sold it..it sits..i never use it.

The pleated HD-2 filter on the 362 C is better than the filters on most (or all, I have not seen all of them) of the other saws mentioned.

Anyone who wants to compare performance of their 60 cc saw, just meet me at a GTG, don't know what else to say.

IMO, the 362 C receives more unfair criticism than any other saw both as it relates to performance & weight.

That said, I am not bashing any of the other 60 cc saws, they are all good, but nothing wrong with the 362 C either.

Now you know how us Echo owners feel...hahaha:). Hey, maybe at our next Echo GTG we will let a few black sheep Stihl's join in...LOL.

Weight wise (with oil & fuel), not a lot of difference between these saws...except for the 6100:

562xp = 15.11 lbs.
ms362= 15.16 lbs.
cs600p= 15.29 lbs.
ps6100= 15.95 lbs.

It's one thing to say you don't like the "feel" of a saw but the numbers are much closer than anyone wants to admit when it comes to weight.

EDIT: The 6100 is "dragged down", if you will, by it's disproportionately large fuel and oil tanks. But that could be a good thing, with less stops to fill up.

Weight wise (with oil & fuel), not a lot of difference between these saws...except for the 6100:
It's one thing to say you don't like the "feel" of a saw but the numbers are much closer than anyone wants to admit when it comes to weight.

EDIT: The 6100 is "dragged down", if you will, by it's disproportionately large fuel and oil tanks. But that could be a good thing, with less stops to fill up.
It is odd how some would look at extra fuel and oil on an extremely efficient saw as a downfall. I will not name a few husky 562 drum bangers. Lol it is entertaining how some will argue over such little weight. I wonder if they only buy the lightest boots or clothing?

It is odd how some would look at extra fuel and oil on an extremely efficient saw as a downfall. I will not name a few husky 562 drum bangers. Lol it is entertaining how some will argue over such little weight. I wonder if they only buy the lightest boots or clothing?
image.jpg How did you know about my chainsaw boots?

Got my money back yesterday. Wasn't too much of a problem since he knew i caught him red handed.
Now im going to just do what i really wanted to do but my cheap side wouldn't let me, buy a brand new saw. Really tempted to just go all out and get a 461 and throw a 20 inch on it, then have the capacity to run a 28 inch when needed. Sounds like it would be a nice all around saw.

Got my money back yesterday. Wasn't too much of a problem since he knew i caught him red handed.
Now im going to just do what i really wanted to do but my cheap side wouldn't let me, buy a brand new saw. Really tempted to just go all out and get a 461 and throw a 20 inch on it, then have the capacity to run a 28 inch when needed. Sounds like it would be a nice all around saw.
You could do that with a 562 or 362. Why carry around all the extra weight of a 461 for a 20" bar. If you were gonna run a 28" all the time then get a 461.

Okay so here is my latest idea. Brand new saws.
It seems the echo cs590 gets raving reviews for being probably the best bang for the buck. Now for the price of a 362c i can get a cs590 AND an echo cs355t. I figured the 355t would be perfect for the small stuff and for stuffing in my backpack when i go hiking or out on the 4 wheeler. The cs590 would do most of the general firewood and bucking work, then i always have my 084 as my once in a while big tree/stump saw. Sounds like all bases covered for me. Plus the echo 5 year warranty.

Echo also just came out with the 361p that is the rear handle version of the 355t. I like rear handle better than top myself but that is a great combo and should serve you many years. FYI the dolmar 421 is $330 and a really solid small saw that has a cult following.
But the 355t is a great little saw and you will probably find yourself using it a lot more than the 590.

Lol yea i know. but even when i was pretty set on a stihl some people would come along and bash them anyway. So seems like its inevitable either way! haha
And if im going to get a small saw i would rather it be a top handle. Would be easier for one handing it up in a tree. (now comes the safety nazis) haha

Latest posts

Back