Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Actually, with only 5 saws (4 ported), I'm feeling pretty content, but when I joined AS I was only had (and intending to have) 2 saws!

After some at home mods that you and others suggested, professional porting was the next step, along with square file chain.

I can now get a lot more cutting done in the same length day, THANKS!!!!

Classic overkill on AS. They got to you. Next you will be sending that 461 in for a major monkey modification and you will have the equivalent of a 90cc saw on your hands. But that will simply not be enough saw, see? You will want more saws in different power ranges and more chains and bars and gadgets to go with your saws. You will wind up with CAD. You will buy smaller and larger saws. You will trade saws. You will go to AS GTGs. Then only when you have 12-15 saws will you realize what happened. But by then it will be too late to save your soul. Its like being bitten by a vampire. You will lose our will. Your mind and thoughts will become one with the AS collective.

You will become... a SAWBORG!

View attachment 468924
Resistance is futile! You will be assimilated!
Well im looking at the 359 tomorrow and if that turns out to be really nice ill be taking that home and saving alot of money. lol

Okay guys. So how does this piston look to you? Scored? Or normal wear? The saw runs great but I pulled the muffler off today to have a peek inside and saw this. Just wanna see what you guys think before I go and make an angry phone call.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    997.9 KB · Views: 76
Exchange that saw for one of the others, and next time, pull the muff first. That is definitely scored.

That is not good, I now have a lot less confidence in your shop.

I wonder if they put new rings on a beat up piston like that (would be like putting lipstick on a pig).

must have put a new ring on because the ring looks fine and has great compression. but i see i should have pulled the muffler there instead of waiting untill i got home.

"This is your daily reminder that the Dolmar 6100 is the best 60cc saw."
This message has been brought to you by Husqvarna and an early start on too many vodka tonics.
Yep it is that time of day. Dolmar 6100.
On that note yes I would take that saw back. And a 362 is a fine saw and will serve you well.

must have put a new ring on because the ring looks fine and has great compression. but i see i should have pulled the muffler there instead of waiting untill i got home.

Actually, don't feel like that, you should be able to "Trust" your shop! Obviously, they felt if they were selling it to a home owner it would likely not get much used and the problem would not reveal itself for a long time.

That piston will not provide the years of service that saw should give you.

Okay guys. So how does this piston look to you? Scored? Or normal wear? The saw runs great but I pulled the muffler off today to have a peek inside and saw this. Just wanna see what you guys think before I go and make an angry phone call.
Put it down as an invaluable lesson about the shop and their treatment of their customers.
That is absolutely money back and walk away material. For several reasons I wouldn't take any other option - like them putting a new piston in it.

The 362 will serve you well, but I'm sorry for you that this didn't work out.

I agree to take that back and get your money back, but I would NOT buy a 362- had a stock one and a ported one. Go with a 6100 from Nate (fordf150) or Carl (MillerModSaws), or get a 555 or 562 from Terry (Tlandrum) or (Spike60). Either of those 4 will beat your local prices. I have never bought a saw from a local dealer. There's no reason to for me, with the great sponsors/dealers we have here. Or a Echo 590. Nate is a Echo dealer as well.

I am curious where the comment that the 362 has great filtration comes from. I have ran a friends, but never looked at the filter in detail. As far as I could tell it's traditional crappy Stihl filtration with a better filter element.

Back