Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Not a bad decision, but I think I would go with the used 044 over the new 590 (for the same price). The saw wt will be almost the same, and no way a 590 will run with an 044.

But if you want new, and the warranty, you are making the right move. Having an 044 for over 22 years may make me a little bias!

Not a bad decision, but I think I would go with the used 044 over the new 590 (for the same price). The saw wt will be almost the same, and no way a 590 will run with an 044.

But if you want new, and the warranty, you are making the right move. Having an 044 for over 22 years may make me a little bias!
Why do you have a 362 then...

;)

At the end of the day and a huge oak I find myself using the 192 as much as possible. Lol small saws rock and you will find all kinds of reasons to use that little 355.

Well guys, plan changed again. Lol. I just found out that my local hustler and redmax dealer is expanding (Power pro equipment, Allentown branch). They just started selling husqvarna. I've done business there for the past 9 years and really like the people that work there and the service I get. I know the manager and parts girl personally. They give me good deals. So I'm thinking I can't go wrong getting a new saw from them. So looks like a husqvarna it is!

Yea that's what I'm still deciding. Haha. I'm going back Monday to really take a good look and pick them all up and see how they feel. I just dropped in today as they were closing up to see if the rumors were true.

it's an easy decision between 555 and 562xp

A) If money is not too tight, might as well go for the 562xp, so you could more easily run a longer bar on occasion. If you settle for less but really want the slightly hotter saw, you may find yourself wondering if that smidgen extra performance and XP name badge wouldn't have been nicer.

B) Or if you just want a great 60cc saw, could care less about having the top line, are very practically minded and really like saving a few scheckles, get the 555

C) Or give up sawing altogether and take up quilting and needlepoint :p

it's an easy decision between 555 and 562xp

A) If money is not too tight, might as well go for the 562xp, so you could more easily run a longer bar on occasion. If you settle for less but really want the slightly hotter saw, you may find yourself wondering if that smidgen extra performance and XP name badge wouldn't have been nicer.

B) Or if you just want a great 60cc saw, could care less about having the top line, are very practically minded and really like saving a few scheckles, get the 555

C) Or give up sawing altogether and take up quilting and needlepoint :p

left coast has the 2260 under 600 bucks on sale right now , the prices are hard to beat..the 2258 was around 512 bucks

How big are the limbs you cut mike ?

All different sizes. I often cut to (firewood) length right off the tree. On the softer hardwoods (like Silver & Red Maple and Tulip) the 362 is great for anything the 20" bar will handle, but for the harder hardwoods I usually go to the 044 after about 15" diameter. It just goes faster, especially if you are encountering a lot of knots.

All different sizes. I often cut to (firewood) length right off the tree. On the softer hardwoods (like Silver & Red Maple and Tulip) the 362 is great for anything the 20" bar will handle, but for the harder hardwoods I usually go to the 044 after about 15" diameter. It just goes faster, especially if you are encountering a lot of knots.

You must have got a 362c SE ( special edition ) noone i know can tell them apart from an 044/440..your missin out on a 40 or 50cc saw..a 362 taint no limbin saw.

I can murder 15" diameter logs with a 50cc saw

I was going to get a 261, then Matt talked me into getting a 562, then a 362 C showed up in the shop ... and it just kinda happened! Hey, if the replacement is as light as they say it will be, that will be something.

In a decade or two, you will notice smaller differences in weight a lot more, especially at the end of the day.

Actually, I'm looking forward to trying out my brother's 241, but he has not run it yet, ... soon.

I was going to get a 261, then Matt talked me into getting a 562, then a 362 C showed up in the shop ... and it just kinda happened! Hey, if the replacement is as light as they say it will be, that will be something.

In a decade or two, you will notice smaller differences in weight a lot more, especially at the end of the day.

Actually, I'm looking forward to trying out my brother's 241, but he has not run it yet, ... soon.

In a decade or two i plan on having someone do the work for me while i drink and watch with 2 broads feeding me grapes..atleast i hope so..even a 562 is a dumbass pick to go along with an 044..spread em' out further..it makes alot more sense , sell your 362 and buy a 241 or 261 and you will scratch your balls wonderin why you ever bought a 362...trust me.

If you need a 70cc saw to cut 15" logs your doin somethin way wrong , save your bigger saws with bigger bars for bigger wood..your kickin your own ass for no reason.

In a decade or two i plan on having someone do the work for me while i drink and watch with 2 broads feeding me grapes..atleast i hope so..even a 562 is a dumbass pick to go along with an 044..spread em' out further..it makes alot more sense , sell your 362 and buy a 241 or 261 and you will scratch your balls wonderin why you ever bought a 362...trust me.

If you need a 70cc saw to cut 15" logs your doin somethin way wrong , save your bigger saws with bigger bars for bigger wood..your kickin your own ass for no reason.
Jesus you're an opinionated f***. :laugh:

I have ADD, I like too much saw, makes things go faster, just the way I like it. I likely don't need ported 046s with 24" bars, but I like them too, just the way it is!

But I did get a 36" light bar for a couple of big Red Oaks I have to cut up, so one of them ported 046s will be getting a real workout soon.

Latest posts

Back