Which 60cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking at the Mexico Stihl site the Brazilian 361 has 3.4 kW but in Mexico they list it as 4.5 HP instead of 4.6, which they do on the Brazil site.

Yes, yes. You have made that point many times here. Be advised that in the states we only have access to these weenie vastly inferior MS361 American made saws. We (or at least I) do not have access to any of your vastly superior German Made EU market 361 saws. In future, please assume that any reference to any 361 saws that I make is in reference to the Made in Virginia AMERICAN 361. That may change to include the Brazilian made 361 at some time in future though, as they are available in Mexico and some may drift up this way.

Of course, note also that your vastly superior German Made EU 361 saws cost a vastly larger sum of money in the EU. I would not have been willing to pay the insane ransom that you pay for chainsaws in the EU. As such, I think that the US 361 saws are a far better value, yes? I paid at most $500 USD for new 361s here, out the door. For that reason I shipped many of them down under, and several to the EU when the US dollar was weak and the 361 was still available here. Nuk nuk nuk...

If you bought a heated one, and you would get a German made one, with a metal handlebar. ;)

Too late now though...

I may be wrong, but I think Mexico usually is thought of as middle America, not North - but it may vary with the context?

Mexico is in Latin America, but it is in North America. Mexico is not considered as part of Central America. Central America extends from Guatemala/Belize to Panama. Even Central America is part of the North American continent though, but not generally grouped with it. California used to be in Mexico, as were Utah, Nevada, Arizona, Texas and New Mexico. We are all part of NAFTA now, the North American Free Trade Agreement: Mexico, Canada and the USA. So I should be able to get a 361 in Mexico w/o paying any tariff.

They definitely were in Canada, and of course over here.

I had one until it was stolen a few years ago, and it was a really "peppy" saw, with very good trigger response - and it didn't like to be tuned for much less max rpm than 14.500.

I have seen all that before - but it is about specs, and not the truth. ;)
I don't know about the truth, but the fact is, each variation of that saw is going to weigh in differently, something I had not considered when reading all the different comments on the subject.

I never ran a 362 or 361 only a 555 and 562xp, but I can say just look at all the negative reviews out there on the 362, it seems to be a pig in stock form from reading on here. Besides you can buy a 300$ ms 362 if you know where to look (Echo cs590) ;)

I never ran a 362 or 361 only a 555 and 562xp, but I can say just look at all the negative reviews out there on the 362, it seems to be a pig in stock form from reading on here. Besides you can buy a 300$ ms 362 if you know where to look (Echo cs590) ;)
Yeah; I've read those reviews too. I'd go into the shops, handle them, and only had good feelings about them. The one I own, is great. It starts with such ease. Matter of fact, I have a Poulan 34cc that is much, much harder to start than my MS362C. Pig ? I don't see where they get that idea. Heavy ? In use there is no notice of a weight issue. Totting a saw, any saw for that matter, over rough terrain for any distance is going to be a burden, especially to an old feller like me. Matter of fact, I'd gladly let someone else carry my 10 pounder saws in that case.

how come no one suggested that guy husqvarna 61 ?
its the best 60cc ever made known to mankind :)
The very first pro saw I wanted was a Husqy. But, in my parts anything above the big box store saws are as rare as a lizard on the north pole. No Dealers, nada. So, here, we get what's available, and STIHL seems to have a Shop on every street corner.

how come no one suggested that guy husqvarna 61 ?
its the best 60cc ever made known to mankind :)
continued:........... Matter of fact, I tried to inquire via e-mail with Husqy, but every path was obscured, and confusing, so decided, if I'm a waste of their time, I don't need to waste my time on them either.

I don't know about the truth, but the fact is, each variation of that saw is going to weigh in differently, something I had not considered when reading all the different comments on the subject.
I have both the 361 & 362. Stock the 362 has more on the bottom end. It's bulkier, but so what?

For a guy that is using it cut firewood or take down a few trees a year it's a well built saw that will last many years with proper maintenance.

The very first pro saw I wanted was a Husqy. But, in my parts anything above the big box store saws are as rare as a lizard on the north pole. No Dealers, nada. So, here, we get what's available, and STIHL seems to have a Shop on every street corner.
That's the only reason I have more stihl then husq now, I would rather has husqvarna
But I can say the 150 and the 650 are a dang good saw
60cc would have to be the 262

I have both the 361 & 362. Stock the 362 has more on the bottom end. It's bulkier, but so what?

For a guy that is using it cut firewood or take down a few trees a year it's a well built saw that will last many years with proper maintenance.
I think you could safely take that statement a step farther into the professional realm.:yes::chainsaw:

Back