Which blower do you have?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Echo Echo Echo ! Only have had handhelds, no backpacks, but esp after Muff Mod (very heavy restricted) and retune, #1 in reliability.. I have 2 of the older P251 series (10+yrs old), and still fire up on 1st or 2nd pull. I would imagine the newer P255 and PB-2620 be just as good, again > muff mod/retune.

Another vote for the Stihl BG86. Mine is an SH86, can be set up to vacuum and shred leaves and small sticks, otherwise same machine as the BG86.

For work, it’s just a blower. At home I’ll use the vac/shred part for fall cleanups, and sometimes for grass clippings to try to keep little feet from bringing clippings into the swimming pool. Works well, I really like this machine.

I’ve got two old two stroke ECHO backpack blowers, a PB4600 that I bought new in 1985, and PB4500 that I bought used as a backup in 2005.

They both get used regularly and with good fuel and reasonable care, they ALWAYS start.

Other than an occasional blower tube, spark plug, fuel line and maybe one or two Amazon carb replacements over the years- they’ve been super dependable. The major “body parts” that I’ve occasionally replaced have been from them falling from the tailgate or other “self inflicted” abuse.

I run the Opt-2 oil in my mix at about 80:1

Parts continue to be readily available and they’re both 30-35 years old.

They often show up on Craigslist for $50-$100 needing some TLC.

Good luck—

echo pb2620 love it replaced a old sthil bg56? and was a huge upgrade , m18 blower is alright, Makita LTX 18v x2 should have got the single battery ltx one that my buddy has as its way nicer then the one i have and the Milwaukee.

I think the br600 is the perfect combo of weight vs Power (br800 and larger echo and Husqvarna are heavy)
plus the noise of br600 is reasonable tone and doesn’t shake ur fillings loose like some others do

Back