Which bosun-seat style saddle to buy

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Spokerider

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
What I have: a used Buckingham Classic II full harness style saddle. It has the leg loops with small pads, the old-style metal leg strap and harness strap buckles, and a big-ass steel screwlocking carabiner bridge, and a fixed center D ring.

Works great for spurs and flipline, not so good for SRT or DRT climbing. Why? because the "balance" point is not right for me, and my upper torso keeps falling backwards.

Will a bosun seat style saddle help correct this balance issue? I'm 5'10' 225lbs...... yep, more like Mike Tyson's build than Sugar Ray Leonard, lol....I wish....

Anyway, of the saddles available;
Weaver Cougar Batten seat

Buckingham's 3 choices...Arborist Delux, Pinnacle and Traverse

Komet Dragonfly

Any others?

Which is going to best allow for adjustment of my CG while suspended?

For recreational climbing and light arborist work in tall conifers, Red Cedars, Broadleaf Maples and Alder trees.

Thanks.

i own the pinnacle the dragonfly and am now in a petzl miniboss. (they dont make them anymore but wesspur might have one left...not sure)

the dragon fly/cougar and the pinnacle are two different saddles rgarding tie in point.

rope bridge as apposed to 2 floppy d rings(pinnacle). now i'd say stay away from the pinnacle but i cant because my miniboss is almost set up the same way but with much shorter floppy d rings and also a ventral attachment d ring.

anyway the dragon fly was indeed a great saddle for me. but. look at the weight restriction of it. it says 225 i think. (i did climb in that saddle for 2+ years at 235lbs though.)

bosun seat is the way to go though.

but its up to you to figure out how you want to clip into your saddle because you are choosing from quite a few option. not ####ting on the buck saddle line but i wouldnt want to tie into one. i love their spikes though!

Latest posts

Back