Which Ford F-250, 4X4?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have decided to buy neither of these trucks. Will wait for a chevy.:rock:
No really, kind of thought that the 302 was too small for an F250 fully loaded with split ash pulling a trailer with more ash.
Took a look under the F250 with the 460 and the bottom of the engine looked damp.
No puddles on the ground, but definitely leaking something.

The hunt continues for the perfect wood hauler.

It's oil from the pan gaskets, I'd bet good money on it. The 460 is notorious for having the end seals and the pan gaskets seep oil as they age. The good news is it doesn't really get any worse as it ages, the bad news is if you redo them in a few years they start leaking again. My truck (86' F250, 460) seeps about a half a quart every 1000 miles and I know a couple people who have the same issue.

I have decided to buy neither of these trucks. Will wait for a chevy.:rock:
The hunt continues for the perfect wood hauler.

Worst mistake you could ever make (My Opinion) But you know what they say about opinions ,there like butt holes-everybody has one.
You just happened to post this question on a forum with of bunch of ford haters.Me personally
I wouldn't trade the sweat off of my ford trucks to a Chevrolet.

Look around buy what you can afford and use the crap out of it.It doesn't matter what you buy,all that matters is how previous owner maintained it.
Any used truck late model or older ,if it has been maintained should meet your needs,,if it hasn't Regardless of brand it will quickly becomes a money pit.

Worst mistake you could ever make (My Opinion)
....,all that matters is how previous owner maintained it.
Any used truck late model or older ,if it has been maintained should meet your needs,,if it hasn't Regardless of brand it will quickly becomes a money pit.

Well, that is probably the biggest problem I had with either of the trucks.
The guy is a "buy it/use it/sell it" guy.
He did not own either truck for more than a couple months and selling to buy another truck.
I could not get any history on either truck.

Worst mistake you could ever make (My Opinion) But you know what they say about opinions ,there like butt holes-everybody has one.
You just happened to post this question on a forum with of bunch of ford haters.Me personally
I wouldn't trade the sweat off of my ford trucks to a Chevrolet.

Look around buy what you can afford and use the crap out of it.It doesn't matter what you buy,all that matters is how previous owner maintained it.

That was nicely put and I think the main thing is we don't bash the other models and remain respectable. Had a couple Fords leave me stranded and was happy when my 90 tbi chevy was super reliable. I like Chevy's particularly the 90-99 body style but they just don't come with a straight axle and a cummins. The ol dodge has grown on me and I really like it now because of the beef under the hood and frame. Maybe when it's time for a new one it'll be a body swap or drivetrain swap for me.

Back