Which Husqvarna saw did I inherit?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
all you idiots are wrong,,,, its a mini mac in drag,,, good grief,,,, you guys dont know anything:dumb2::dumb2::angry::angry:

4 examples of model number tags being discussed.

1fd2c0873a24db4d4afed8de25412823.jpg

a78ba5a0386fa06c730a63539ea86f3c.jpg
592d73ecbc301a85538c78a882e0ab75.jpg
380fc9c27ca9191b511dbc86403d05f5.jpg

Brian

The first one is decodable, 1995 week 41.

The second one also is decodable, it is from 1984 week 42.

The third is too old to be decodable, basically older than 1982 (but likely not older than 1978).

The fourth tag is unreadable.

Nice Find!!! Looks like a Great Find! Get a cover with Brake though... Make sure to use Non-Ethanol Fuel with husky or Stihl mix! I just Love this ERA of Husqvarna Saws! My first was a 61 the. A 272xp from an old boy named Roy Booth here in Eastern Oregon. From 1990 and both still run Strong!!!

It's missing the chain brake....would I be the biggest fool alive to use the saw as is? I'm only am occasional user. Too risky? I've used it once or twice just to see how she cuts...and it's pretty impressive, to say the least.
With Chinese replica clutch cover/brake assemblies available on fleabay for not much, there isn't really a reason not to have a working brake.
A correct metal flag assembly isn't a likely or practical option unfortunately.

So......I didn't get to mess with it today. You guys are awesome - you're coming up with questions faster than I can answer them! Haha!

I can tell you this much...I'm ditching that crappy Poulan Wild Thing that I've been limping along with! This is a MAN saw. Nothing purple or lime green on this bad boy. Haha

With Chinese replica clutch cover/brake assemblies available on fleabay for not much, there isn't really a reason not to have a working brake.
A correct metal flag assembly isn't a likely or practical option unfortunately.

I wouldn't want any Chinese parts on my saws though - I can live well without a chain brake - always did with the 1970 vintage Jonsereds 621.
Chinese parts also tends to weight more than the originals, as they are made from inferior materials.

I wouldn't want any Chinese parts on my saws though - I can live well without a chain brake - always did with the 1970 vintage Jonsereds 621.
Chinese parts also tends to weight more than the originals, as they are made from inferior materials.
And that's fine. Not everyone feels the same way, and I make no assumptions on how the OP feels.
A second hand plastic flag (or even new oe) clutch cover/brake is of course the other option.

Latest posts

Back