Which Jonsered saws are actually made by Jonsered?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

forestryfun

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
So I know Husky makes a lot of the Jonsered saws, but I've heard there are some real Jonsereds out there. So which models does Jonsered actually make?

Also another question- why would anybody ever buy a Husqvarna chainsaw when they could buy the better looking sexier Jonsered counterpart?

Jonsered doesn't make any of their own saws any more. They're all made by husky or poulan now with the better looking plastic. 2095 was one of the last ones that I know of. Sawtroll will know more whenever he wakes up and gets back on here.

yeah you gotta go back into the 630s 670s 525s,and so on.At one time they were called a Jonsereds,now just Jonsered.I agree they are better looking and sound better than any saw made.

So I know Husky makes a lot of the Jonsered saws, but I've heard there are some real Jonsereds out there. So which models does Jonsered actually make? .....

That's easy; Zero after about 1990 (gradual prosess thorough the 1980s).

The 630 and 670 likely was the first ones made by Husky, and Partner also made some in the 1980s.

However, it wasn't before 2003 or so that all Jonsered models were based on a Husky model.

The very cheapest models have been made by Poulan since about 1990, and the same is the case with the very cheapest Huskys.

Last edited:
yeah you gotta go back into the 630s 670s 525s,and so on.At one time they were called a Jonsereds,now just Jonsered.I agree they are better looking and sound better than any saw made.

The 630 and 670 were always made by Husky - the "s" or not has nothing to do with who made the saw, only with the time-line (changed around 1983/84).

The last saws that were unique to Jonsered, (regardless of who owned the company Mr. Sawtroll), were the 2054/2055 along with the already mentioned 2095. The 2095 actually shared a lot of internal parts with the Husky 394. But the 2051/2054/2055 had no corresponding Husky or Partner models. They were the last of the true Jonsereds. (But not "pure" Jonsereds, as Taplinhill will explain when he catches this thread. :msp_biggrin:)

The 630 and 670 were always made by Husky - the "s" or not has nothing to do with who made the saw, only with the time-line (changed around 1983/84).

I've got a 670 champ I really like. Which is the Husky equivalent?

I bought my 630 new in 1984 and the 670 a couple years later virtually new from the father in law. He bought it brand new to replace his stolen saw and never used it. Not sure what year it is.

The 670 serial no. is 6433628 silver tag, Elux. Would anyone know what year that would be?

Last edited:
I bought my 630 new in 1984 and the 670 a couple years later virtually new from the father in law. He bought it brand new to replace his stolen saw and never used it. Not sure what year it is.

The 670 serial no. is 6433628 silver tag, Elux. Would anyone know what year that would be?

1986, week 43.

Latest posts

Back