Which of these Solo 681s looks fastest and strongest?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which of these Solo 681s looks fastest?

• Saw #1

Votes: 11 28.9%
  • Saw #2

Votes: 27 71.1%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey you guys wanna check out the drill I bought yesterday?

IMG_2292.jpg

That's a real nice Black & Decker, does it make real drill sounds too? :)

Two diff logs , how can ya tell, and who gives a #### anyway? Remember all your rules about a fair race , same chain, same guy, same bar oil LOL

You're right. Different logs, bars, and chains. Mine was pulling a 28" chain buried, and the other a much shorter B&C, and yet mine still held significantly more RPMs in the cut. When the saw was delivered, it was run against the 7900 shown in the vids. The 681 was faster. Take a look at the vid I posted above comparing the new topend to that same 7900. There's only .2 sec difference between them, significantly less than there was when my topend was on that saw. The proof's in the pooding.

When someone says your saw is slower than stock, yet the evidence shows otherwise, I have a problem with that.

It's Fisher Price dooood get with it!!! :D

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/bA16sqCusbY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/bA16sqCusbY?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

You seem to be having amnesia or a selective memory again. I've told you before, and you know it, that I was back in that saw before I sold it. I would not have sold it running like it did at the GTG.

My memory is ok, but I can't confirm that it was any better than it was at the GTG. We know your word can be a little mis-leading...don't make me dig out the 066 broken fin thread:laugh:

So you going to do a build off with Eric? I see you didn't answer him... I don't think I would have either

That's a very nice drill Jason. I have an older XRP, and it was a good drill. My new one is Lithium Ion but is a Bosch. I do like the new smaller batteries.

Them Lithium Ions are frikkin' kick ass.

Screw this saw building crap, everyone should get into drill building. Builders will build their own bits, mod the motors, have more responsive triggers, and install performance clutches, ect....

We'll time how long it takes to drill three 1" holes through a 2x8 - the holes need to be drilled width wise and you can't drill out of the wood. That's just work class drills though. Race mods will be 2" holes through 3x12's and the same style of drilling and rules apply.

Drill racing FTW. :cheers:

My memory is ok, but I can't confirm that it was any better than it was at the GTG. We know your word can be a little mis-leading...don't make me dig out the 066 broken fin thread:laugh:

So you going to do a build off with Eric? I see you didn't answer him... I don't think I would have either

I think we already had that build off. The vids are on the first page.

How many pages until this gets locked?

Bets on how many pages? I am going to guess 17, maybe less depending on the course it takes.

Play nice boys! Well at least until page 17. :)

Holding significantly more RPMs in way bigger wood doesn't prove anything? Then what does?

C'mon Brad... I can put very little pressure on any of my saws and give the appearance that it "Screams". I ran your 681, ran fine until you pushed on it and then it bogged. You never did answer me before in another thread How does one fix raising the transfers? You said you fixed that saw, I wnat to know how you did that with out replacing the cylinder?

keep in mind you told me exactly what you did to that saw at Bills GTG.

You know, it's not about which saw is faster. I've been beaten many times before, and will be many times in the future. That's fine. It's about the attitude that comes with too many guys that befriend EC. Your attitudes suck, to be frank, get the pun:) EC has had a beef with me since I became a AS sponsor, and his cronnies have hounded me ever since. EC even banned me at Race Saws. Yet look who's an AS sponsor now. Talk about a hypocrite. I tried to befriend EC again even this week, yet all he wants to do is talk crap. So when EC says this saw is slower than stock, then I see how his topend runs, yeah, it's time to let it out. I've seen how EC's "stock" saws run before:bang:

Last edited:
You know, it's not about which saw is faster. I've been beaten many times before, and will be many times in the future. That's fine. It's about the attitude that comes with too many guys that befriend EC. Your attitudes suck, to be frank, get the pun:) EC has had a beef with me since I became a AS sponsor, and his cronnies have hounded me ever since. Yet look who's an AS sponsor now. Talk about a hypocrite. I tried to befriend EC again even this week, yet all he wants to do is talk crap. So when EC says this saw is slower than stock, then I see how his topend runs, yeah, it's time to let it out. I've seen how EC's "stock" saws run before:bang:

My atitude...LOL You started the thread!

Maybe Eric can speak for himself here and why he is a sponser, I think he is busy porting saws that he has picked up as of late and doesn't have time like me and you to argue on the interent!!! Hahaha

Nice try Woodhucker,trying to steer this in a lighter direction but seems not to be working Scott

I don't think this thread was started with light intentions. The thread is swerving and heading straight for the nuclear reactor.

:cheers:

Just making sure I still know how to post vids.

<object width="480" height="385"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBml1XZDg3w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QBml1XZDg3w?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US&amp;rel=0" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="480" height="385"></embed></object>

Reactions: PB
Hey Brad... This is from a member I've never even talked to... Maybe a little insight for you! You can scream this is from the cronies but I assure it is not and that this member is a respected member here!

Good job on calling him out!
Gink, I admire you calling Brad out. I can't hardly bring myself to even read his post anymore. In his mind he is the first and last authority on any subject on AS, the only church he goes to is the church of Brad.lol His honesty and integrity are one of his biggest problems. Just like on the new Husky 372 xt he blew up porting, he claimed full disclosure, did you see any photo's on the inside of the jug?, go back and look at that post. The piston was literally hammered pieces off it everywhere, there had to be damage inside of that jug, major damage, but there never was a photo of the inside of the jug, full disclosure my azz. His self promoting post are getting old to alot of people, few will call him out because of the piling on of his little ohio chainsaw posse.lol He has scammed many a newbie out of 250-300 bucks, hell that's how he affords all his toys.

Snap!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back