Which one 372XP or 576xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

IngussM

ArboristSite Lurker
Reaction score
Which one I should go for in terms of power vs reliability? Any advice? Is 576XP a good investment? I know how good is 372xp as it has prooved itself and everyone like them.
Maybe I should go for 395xp, is 395 a powerfull and reliable saw?
Thanks everyone.

What are your use for them? Cutting with a 24" bar or bigger all the time? They are both lighter and smaller than a 395. All are dependable saws but there is always a chance for getting a lemon in anything. If you can handle all of them with the bar you will use at a dealer and maybe they'll have a demo or used one to try out.

I am starting out my own business ar tree surgeon, and I need bigger saw for 24-28" bar sizes, I got jonsered 2165 it pulls 24" chain. I need bigger saw and reliable, I dont think I would be using it as everyday saw, for that I got 357xp and 254xp

The 576 has a slight power advantage over the 372 stock. The 395 will have a power advantage but weighs a lot more and used a whole lot more fuel.

You could get the xpw topend and put on the 2165 and use it for a 28" b/c.

The 576 has a slight power advantage over the 372 stock. The 395 will have a power advantage but weighs a lot more and used a whole lot more fuel.

You could get the xpw topend and put on the 2165 and use it for a 28" b/c.

Bingo!! We have a winner!!

390xp. I personally like the 372 i dont think it does too bad with 28 inch bar stock.

Stock for stock imo a 390xp would be better to have. If your gonna port it do the xpw top end.

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

Its hard to talk in terms of stock saws when all ya think about are ported saws lol....

For tree service work, I say 395XP. Weight is not an issue as it will only be used periodically and not all day, every day as in a logging situation. As others have said you have a saw close to a 372 already. I really like the 576XP, but given the situation, the biggest saw you can afford makes the most sense and a 395 pulls a good bit harder than all mentioned, including the 390XP in the really big wood. For tree service work you may even look at the 3120XP as a stumper for those massive removals. Around here (Western NY) loggers don't have much use for 100+cc saws but the tree service guys do for the occasional HUGE willow or oak.

Yeah man, a 395xp is the ultimate hawg imo. I love that saw. And soooo smooth!

On the same note, a properly ported 390 will stomp a ported XPW.

No. No it won't either Brad. The 390xp just isnt that impressive......sorry about your luck here lately man. Im really not tryin to start anything but if the vid that Mike put up of a regular 372 beating a 390xp with a 30" bar no less isnt good enough then i really dont know what is.
But hey its all good. The 390xp is a great saw. I have one but just like Mike my xpw is stronger

If you already have a ~70cc saw I would look at least 20cc to either side of it (50cc or 90+cc). If you have two saws that do the same job... you will always pick one based on which you like the most (in which case you might as well only have one saw). If your saws are all in different classes, the wood will choose which saw you pick up. Limbs-50cc... sub 24" wood-70cc.... big ole stumps and +24" wood 90+cc.

No. No it won't either Brad. The 390xp just isnt that impressive......sorry about your luck here lately man. Im really not tryin to start anything but if the vid that Mike put up of a regular 372 beating a 390XP with a 30" bar no less isnt good enough then i really dont know what is.
But hey its all good. The 390xp is a great saw. I have one but just like Mike my xpw is stronger

I guess you just haven't run a good 390 then. I thought yours was ported. No? The video you're referring to was a stock 385.

Last edited:
No. No it won't either Brad. The 390xp just isnt that impressive......sorry about your luck here lately man. Im really not tryin to start anything but if the vid that Mike put up of a regular 372 beating a 390XP with a 30" bar no less isnt good enough then i really dont know what is.

I guess you just haven't run a good 390 then. I thought yours was ported. No? The video you're referring to was a stock 385.

The hell it was Brad. It was a ported 390xp.

Mike hasn't even seen my 390. I didn't even own it last time I saw him. So what vid are you referring to? I'm assuming it was the one at the Poulan Lover's GTG. If so, that was Mike's 372 and Greg's stock 385.

Mike hasn't even seen my 390. I didn't even own it last time I saw him. So what vid are you referring to? I'm assuming it was the one at the Poulan Lover's GTG. If so, that was Mike's 372 and Greg's stock 385.

It was in the 372xpw or 575 thread.

Latest posts

Back