Which one 372XP or 576xp?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A 372 or the 576 would handle a good size bar my opinion a mid sized 70cc saw is the best do it all size my dad has a 372xp and I have a 576xp autotune and personally I like the 576 but both are great saws it's really what feels best to you the 576 at is just so smoooooooooooooooooth

A 372 or the 576 would handle a good size bar my opinion a mid sized 70cc saw is the best do it all size my dad has a 372xp and I have a 576xp autotune and personally I like the 576 but both are great saws it's really what feels best to you the 576 at is just so smoooooooooooooooooth

You mighty right. I really liked that 576AT Mike had. Super smooth and strong as the autotune saws are. Its easy to sit here and spilt hairs as all pro grade saws are really nice IMHO.

Thanks for clearing that up Dan. I still stand by my original comment. A good 390 will spank a 372. Paul have you not compared you're 390 to that 372?

Yes. It has been compared. My 372xpw was faster than an ECsaws 7900 and a ported 385xp that was actually stronger than my ported 390xp. This was at the Races at Grantsburg. My xpw (treemonkey) actually tied for 1st place with Grandpatractors tree monkey 7901. They have all the times on the Grantsburg thread.

Im far from a pro by any sense of the word(and I would love to have my 066 ported) but for the average person I would say get the saw that runs best out of the box....my 026 is stock,346 is MM as are my 046 and 066 and they do the job just fine from dropping trees to limbing and bucking just my 2 cents for what its worth

Im far from a pro by any sense of the word(and I would love to have my 066 ported) but for the average person I would say get the saw that runs best out of the box....my 026 is stock,346 is MM as are my 046 and 066 and they do the job just fine from dropping trees to limbing and bucking just my 2 cents for what its worth

Yes, if i were you i would get the 066 ported. They are phenomenal

Sent from my MB855 using Tapatalk

mdavlee's 372 that he ported beat his 390 that someone else ported.

He said he wasn't sure what was done to the 390.

The squish was tightened up and the ports were widened. I don't think there was any timing changes except lowering the jug on the saw. It was blowing around 175-180 on compression and did run nice. I think there is more in those 390s. For me it seems they take a lot more work than a 372 to get around the same power. Now a 372 probably won't live near as long at that power running a 32" bar all day long falling timber. I know the guy I got the 390 off of said a 372xpw from phils saw shop that the old man did was stronger than it at a gtg.

Get the 372XP Definately BUT I'm probably just trying to sell you the new one I have for sale in the classifieds :D

I have a 372, 576 and a 395 all bone stock, and please note this is just my experience. The 395 is the fastest in all sized wood.(All my saws wear a 20 inch bar) My 395 had issues when I bought it new, long story short a very good dealer in my area found it to be a bad tank vent and put one that was made for a 372 on it and re-tuned it, now it is perfection. The throttle is incredibly crisp (more so then the other two I mentioned) and it just runs great. I think I chop with it more than the other saws because I love the power and torque it has. But anyway the 576 has a little more liver then the 372 and might be a bit nicer on the hands but the 372 is still a icon of power in a small package. Sorry for my rant, just thought my experience with these three might help!

But....Ill tell ya the strongest stock saw Ive ever ran was mdavlees 3120. You would not believe how strong that saw is!

No. No it won't either Brad. The 390xp just isnt that impressive......sorry about your luck here lately man. Im really not tryin to start anything but if the vid that Mike put up of a regular 372 beating a 390xp with a 30" bar no less isnt good enough then i really dont know what is.
But hey its all good. The 390xp is a great saw. I have one but just like Mike my xpw is stronger

I'm not sure what "luck" you're talking about. You're making a mistake to judge all 390s by your one example. I'm afraid you're in for a rude awakening if you think your 372 will beat all 390s. Some ARE impressive. Just sayin'!

I'm not sure what "luck" you're talking about. You're making a mistake to judge all 390s by your one example. I'm afraid you're in for a rude awakening if you think your 372 will beat all 390s. Some ARE impressive. Just sayin'!

Settle down Bradley.

Latest posts

Back