Which one do I buy Still 362C-M or just the 362 with no M-Tronic

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Stock MS 261 C-M with new RS is pretty close to Snellerized stage one MS 261 with really sharp RS. The stock one is much quieter though.

Thanks Stihl310....do you have a 362C-M?

I do not have the CM, I have the original 362. However I just got done going round with over a two year period on the piss poor air filter setup. So they finally brought my saw in and upgraded the entire system to the CM style round filter.

Below is typical of what I'd see after a few tanks of fuel. Stihl tried to tell me this was normal and that I should stop cleaning the filter because the saw needs to run dirty, no joke, no joke at all.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1413155779.199748.jpg

My dealer argued with them as well, finally just had to be a jerk and they admitted that it was an issue and sent the parts. No more crap in my intake, clean as a whistle.

I do not have the CM, I have the original 362. However I just got done going round with over a two year period on the piss poor air filter setup. So they finally brought my saw in and upgraded the entire system to the CM style round filter.

Below is typical of what I'd see after a few tanks of fuel. Stihl tried to tell me this was normal and that I should stop cleaning the filter because the saw needs to run dirty, no joke, no joke at all.

View attachment 373499

My dealer argued with them as well, finally just had to be a jerk and they admitted that it was an issue and sent the parts. No more crap in my intake, clean as a whistle.

Bloody hell!!!! sign of the times I'm afraid....try to save a dollar at all costs. At least your persistence paid off in the end but they should have fixed it first time round. Thanks for the info.

I purchased a 362 cm a while back to replace an 036. It's been a great saw other than the felling dogs are too small. I would recommend this saw.

You can get an aftermarket kit with dual doggs, it's a stock stihl kit. The PN eludes me right now, but I know I ordered it from my dealer. Light years ahead of the single factory dogg.

Between those 2 get the c-m. I had a 362 and didn't like it. Have replaced it with a 562xp now. But the better air filtration and mtronic wld put it first in my book. Good luck both are good saws and will last a long time.

Dexter day has a 362cm and its ported by mastermind. He loves it as far as I know. But the guy loves the 036/360 series saws and this one he says is the best. But out of the box I think he and MM say is kind of a turd. Needs an attitude adjustment to run as a 60cc saw should.

Trying to remember what all o have read that he posted...

Back