Which pin drive for 046 w 20"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jkstihl

Chainsaws make me fap.
Reaction score
Would like to hear from anyone who has experimented with 8 9 10 pin rims on a 046 with a 20" bar. Saw is stock other than base delete and muff mod.

Im thinking a 10 would be too much for it.

I put an 8 pin on my muffler modded 460 with a 20" for cutting firewood. Did the same on my 7900 Dolmar. Both got changed back to 7 pins pretty quick. I just preferred the torque in hardwood.

Ported 395xp though, an 8 makes more sense.

If you want to try an 8, PayPal me a few bucks and I'll send you one. I don't have much use for them.

I put an 8 pin on my muffler modded 460 with a 20" for cutting firewood. Did the same on my 7900 Dolmar. Both got changed back to 7 pins pretty quick. I just preferred the torque in hardwood.

Ported 395xp though, an 8 makes more sense.

If you want to try an 8, PayPal me a few bucks and I'll send you one. I don't have much use for them.

Cool appreciate it man. Hell i probably wont like it either just curious more than anything i reckon. It takes alot of leaning on the ol 046 to make the chain stop w 7 pin and 20" so i figured there may be a sweet spot between chainspeed and torque with a 8 pin, only one way to find out i guess lol. Would 5$ cover it? Pm me your paypal address. Hell you could probably just send it in a envelope.

I'm sure that'd be plenty. I'll send you a message. I found personally that lowering my rakers was the way to go for firewood, but for other applications, having them too low can be undesirable.

Latest posts

Back