Which ported 50cc saw

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh please, that was horribly embarrassing!!! I'm talking about the vid of me, not Wendell. Now Wendell, that was hillarious:)

OK... For your viewing pleasure...

[video=youtube;TzqMmF7Af-8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzqMmF7Af-8&list=UUfB03KVhJRBISPufMa8F7GA[/video]
:msp_wink:

Since the results of porting the 550xp isn't quite there yet, there really are only one candidate left at this point, the 346xp.

Too bad we can't count the times that Nate ran with our saws:( It was simply amazing to watch him take nearly any saw there, and shave a significant amount of time off the cuts!

Maybe so, but one could argue, the more cuts you make the faster you cut, so it doesn't really matter IMHO. Nevertheless I believe my 346 out cut yours again in the fall and I wasn't even there to run the saw, so:msp_tongue:

Maybe so, but one could argue, the more cuts you make the faster you cut, so it doesn't really matter IMHO. Nevertheless I believe my 346 out cut yours again in the fall and I wasn't even there to run the saw, so:msp_tongue:

I think everybody's 346 NE and OE beat up on his 346 at the Ohio spring gtg. :msp_wink::jester::msp_biggrin:

I think he even tried 4-6 different runs and got slower each time. :msp_wink::jester::msp_biggrin:

It's a great running saw...
Of course I think HeavyFuel may have a 5105 that could take it...
Just sayin...
And stuff...
:msp_rolleyes:

Here's what I recommend for the best running and strongest 50cc saw currently on the market.

1. 346XP or 2153
  2. Increased compression
  3. "Mild numbered" porting, very easy to over port
  4. Complete 357/359 intake tract
  5. Walbro 199 carb with the "Tree Monkey" fix
  6. Unlimited coil
  7. Dual ported muffler
I agree with less is more for porting.

You can ask Nate. My 346 cut the fastest time of the day, unofficially:potstir:

Maybe someone can share the 5ci and 6ci results at the fall GTG:rock:

Last edited:
You can ask Nate. My 346 cut the fastest time of the day, unofficially:potstir:

Maybe someone can share the 5ci and 6ci results:rock:

I didn't make the fall one...:censored:
Don't count anyway, cause Mr. Fluffy, and JD's 7900 weren't there... Or did Scott bring them?
How did the 4 cube shake out..???
:hell_boy:

I did hear the Joat saw did well though???

I didn't make the fall one...:censored:
Don't count anyway, cause Mr. Fluffy, and JD's 7900 weren't there... Or did Scott bring them?
How did the 4 cube shake out..???
:hell_boy:

I did hear the Joat saw did well though???

I didn't have a 4 cube to run. We forgot to get the Mission Backpack/Joat 460 out for the races. I ran it against a ported 461 later and beat it.

I'm kind of having a hard time deciding on this 50cc subject. Because of my recent discoveries on the 340,345,350 saws. Speed I'll lose but they're so much fun to build. I'm thinking if I find one for the right price soon another conversion hybrid porting duck tape muffler flashing bar and airbrushed flames... and stuff:kilt:

Here's what I recommend for the best running and strongest 50cc saw currently on the market.

1. 346XP or 2153
  2. Increased compression
  3. "Mild numbered" porting, very easy to over port
  4. Complete 357/359 intake tract
  5. Walbro 199 carb with the "Tree Monkey" fix
  6. Unlimited coil
  7. Dual ported muffler

What is the total price for all of that?

Back