Which smaller Husky?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This seems to be a common problem with new saws not tuned by a dealer
or someone else that knows what they are doing. Check the threads on Dolmar 5100's for example. New saws set lean seem to be routine (EPA?).
I would hate to burn up a new saw just because of lean tuning than could
be easily fixed by turning a jet screw or two, usually CCW.

I believe it mostly is a problem with brands that don't sell any EPA-friendly stuff - but I don't really know.....

Another consideration is the differences in fuel between where the saws are tested and where the saws are used. It was rumored that Stihl is in the habit of actually importing our crappy ethanol laced fuel over to Germany for the larger models built over there, for the sake of tuning the saws for what they will be run on. I have not heard the same for husky. It is my guess that the saws run appropriately there on whatever fuel they are using to test them.

It should be noted that the instruction manuals all say that they should be properly evaluated by a servicing dealer and tuning should take place there as well. I realize that this doesn't happen at the big box stores.

I think as autotune and similar systems become more widely available, this will all cease to be an issue, and for that, everyone can be grateful.

When you take into account fuel, ambient temperature, elevation, mix oil, there is a lot that can change between when the saw is set up at the factory and where it arrives.

Remember that ethanol fuels do run leaner versus non ethanol fuels.

I had my heart set on a 445 until I came across the 026. I was all set to buy it refurbished off ebay for $200. From what I heard from all the fellows on this site, they are great lil saws and don't worry about the "re-furbished" part. Good luck and Im sure you'll love either the 435 or the 445. Matt

Back