Who HAS a 575??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timberhauler

Addicted to ArboristSite
Reaction score
After reading all the fuss on here,I couldn't stand it anymore.I purchase quite a few saws a year for tax reasons...Today I had to go and get a couple of chains because my roll is gone.I saw a new 575 sitting there,so I snatched it,then I was able to put it to the test all day long,falling and bucking some 30 decent sized pines....Here is my take...As a few of you well know I have a few 440's laying around,and I feel like the 575 is torqueier,and just a hair faster in big wood(20 inch bar buried),but for limbing and cutting smaller sized stuff,the 440 is just as quick,and noticeable lighter.It's not a bad saw.I'll see how it holds up over the next year.

Not too many, from what I gather.

Good post, like to see some opinions from users... crunching the paper numbers only keeps one occupied for so long:hmm3grin2orange:

It hasn't beat out the 440 on my starting lineup yet....But It ain't the dog everyone says it is.I'm most interested in seeing how she holds up because thats what matters most to me.

I dont think anybody really says its a dog, the only problem with this saw is that it replaced the 372. The 575 has more weight and that is what people dont like. Other than that it has been a pretty reliable saw for me.

I have had one a 575 for about a month and a half and as should be expected I haven't had any problems with it. That being said I only cut firewood and it only handles the rounds over about 14" in diameter. My other saw is a Stihl MS290 and while everyone says it is a marginal saw at best, I think it works like a champ for the average firewood guy. That being said, the 575 is way less coldblooded than the Stihl 290 and when compared to the 440 and 460 a couple of my buddies have it does just fine with both of them. In fact I like it more than either of them although I will admit that the 460 has a bit more power. The 575 seems to me, to put out effortless power and has a lot of torque at lower RPMs. I also go through less gas than the 2 stihls and I like the chain tensioner better. I would still like to compare it to the 441, and haven't had a chance to do that yet. All in all I really like the saw and for the money I saved over either a 440 or 460 I would make the same decision again.

575 is not a bad saw at all - like mentioned above, it was compared to it's predecessor, which weighed in lighter. The only bashing that seems to be reality based is the weight - other than that it is, in my admittedly limited time on one, not a bad saw...

I have one, I like it, it is a bit heavier than the 372, but when I went to buy a saw they did not have the 372 but they did have the new 575. like above good torque and low end power, very useful for bigger wood. I have had mine for 6 months no issues

I have been told that they are harder to work on and modifing one should be left to a pro.

I've had mine for a couple months now and have had no problems with it. My dealer said when they first came out they had a couple come back with bearing problems ( crank bearings i'm assuming) and one came back for an oiler problem. Other than that, a good saw. It's not the best limbing saw by far, but for big hardwood it's awesome.

It's not the best limbing saw by far, but for big hardwood it's awesome.

Can you please tell danp76 that?

He seems to think it will disappoint him in large hardwood, and has avoided running his so he can try and return an unused saw, while he pisses around trying to determine by internet if the saw will pull hard enough for him, rather than trying it himself and seeing if it will or won't be enough. In the meantime, his Crown Commitment return period has expired, in which time he could have tried it, decided for himself and traded up without any risk.

He seems to think it will disappoint him in large hardwood, and has avoided running his so he can try and return an unused saw, while he pisses around trying to determine by internet if the saw will pull hard enough for him, rather than trying it himself and seeing if it will or won't be enough. In the meantime, his Crown Commitment return period has expired, in which time he could have tried it, decided for himself and traded up without any risk.

Guess that falls on him!!!

I say just run it................or he may be nitpicking it to death!!!!

He seems to think it will disappoint him in large hardwood, and has avoided running his so he can try and return an unused saw, while he pisses around trying to determine by Internet if the saw will pull hard enough for him, rather than trying it himself and seeing if it will or won't be enough. In the meantime, his Crown Commitment return period has expired, in which time he could have tried it, decided for himself and traded up without any risk.

Oh i know all about that ordeal. The thing is though, i think husky has a deal that if you buy a saw from a dealer and don't like it, you can return it up to 15 days later with no penalty. He'd been better off to just buy it, use it, THEN make an evaluation if its the right saw or not. Not buy it, look at it, and get on the Internet every night and second guess himself. I don't like bashing people but it's getting a little ridiculous .

Oh i know all about that ordeal. The thing is though, i think husky has a deal that if you buy a saw from a dealer and don't like it, you can return it up to 15 days later with no penalty. He'd been better off to just buy it, use it, THEN make an evaluation if its the right saw or not. Not buy it, look at it, and get on the Internet every night and second guess himself. I don't like bashing people but it's getting a little ridiculous .

He's already got the saw, pissed around and didn't use it during his 15 day return period, and is just now trying to figure out if he bought a big enough saw. If he had done like you say, bought it tried it out right away, decided he wanted more and then returned it he'd be better off. Now he's afraid to try it, because unless his dealer is really good, once he uses it he'll be stuck with it for sure. Instead, he's stuck in indecision as to whether it is big enough, or whether he should try and see if it's big enough, for fear it will disappoint him, or whether he should try to return it and go larger without ever having run the 575.

It's rather frustrating trying to help someone who does their research after the purchase instead of before they plunk down the cash on the dealer's counter:dizzy: .

Hi guys..I already talked to my dealer, and if it doesn't have the balls, I can trade up no problem, working with a logger this weekend, hopefully give it a zap then...I have been usuing the 357 for most of the medium stuff, not a bad small saw...would be curous to know how guys like the 575 compared to the 441...

Hi guys..I already talked to my dealer, and if it doesn't have the balls, I can trade up no problem, working with a logger this weekend, hopefully give it a zap then...I have been usuing the 357 for most of the medium stuff, not a bad small saw...would be curous to know how guys like the 575 compared to the 441...

The search feature will give you a good idea on that. It's been discussed.

So far the 441 seems to be the favorite of the 2.

The 575 has been criticized for its cold blooded nature, and it's weight.

As far as I know, the 441 has only been hit with complaints about the added weight compared to the 440.

I have yet to try either myself, so I can't give any personal feedback. The 441 isn't even on my dealer's shelves yet. The 575 is here, but there are 372's still on the same sales rack.

Good saw not great because of the weight. I sent mine to ben NWCS for the woods port. I talked to him last night and it should be back by the first part of next week. I will notice even a slight difference in either direction, good or bad I should say. I will let you know what I think after I put it to work....

Latest posts

Back