Who has the best internet pricing on Huskys?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
There's a bunch, but one thing to keep in mind with the internet guys is they can't back their product up like Mr. Local can, either.

The extra few bucks at the dealer can pay in spades if/when you have a problem, or when the saw breaks in and it's time to reset the carb. Most dealers won't even charge for such trivial things, if THEY sold you the saw.

Food for thought.

Good points netree.

As WRW pointed out, two of our sponsors, Bailey`s and Dan Henry normally have excellent prices on Huskies if you are going mail order.

Russ

The guy Hunter works for also sell Jonsered, pretty much a husky in different colours

Looks like a great deal. The price includes shipping, a storage box and a few other things. Too bad I already have one.

I just bought 2 huskys through southwest fastener. Came on time, exactly as ordered. Cheapest I could find.

Russ, example:

My new 346XP got the throttle-safety broken a few days after I got it, thanks to my groundie. Went back to my dealer, fixed right up in 5 minutes flat, no charge. THAT'S standing by yer product! :cool:

Try that with mail-order... :laugh:

If I was going to procure online, I'd go with one of our sponsors... they're reputation is literally on the line here for all to see, and the ones I've used have always taken care of me, no sweat.

sprocket said:
I want to get th best price on a 346XP. Alamia is out of them - anyone else?
Beware that just because nobody is ringing up the price of the sales tax and collecting it from you at the time of sale doesn't mean you aren't liable for it.&nbsp; Liable is a legal term and though Big Brother probably won't come after you for the price of the sales/use tax on your mail-order saw purchace, they <i>could</i>.&nbsp; So another benefit of dealing locally is that particular burden is shifted from you to somebody else.

Do I have to report sales and use taxes for internet purchases on my [NY state] personal income tax return?

Good luck.

Glen

In light of the fact that the NY setup requires reporting them on the state income tax form, it might make it so nobody in their right mind <i>doesn't</i> report/pay it.&nbsp; I wonder if there's a little blurb at the tail end of that form, right before the place where it's signed, that suggests something to the effect that the signatory is attesting everything to be true and correct, under the penalty of perjury?&nbsp; Filling out such a form, and signing it, requires one to waive their 5th amendment rights in the matter, and if the form is false either by way of being incomplete or otherwise incorrect, it's instantly <i>two</i> infractions.

As for myself, I like to keep things as simple as possible and let others handle the paperwork at every chance.

Glen

"Beware that just because nobody....blah,blah,blah...."

Straight from artical 13, subsection 21, page 44, third paragraph of the "glens manifesto" :p

I've got some relatives who, while living in Alaska many years ago, bought a new car on a visit to Wisconsin.&nbsp; They drove the car home to AK and paid no sales tax since there wasn't any "back home".&nbsp; Some time later they moved to Kentucky, and when applying for the tags there, they had to cough up KY sales tax on the car since none had ever been paid.&nbsp; Truly scary.

Don't misconstrue my stance on this issue to indicate I'm "all for" all these pesky taxes.&nbsp; I'm merely trying to help y'all out so it doesn't take you by surprise some day.&nbsp; And with the economy in the general state it's in, states just might get a bit more aggressive in ensuring every bit of "voluntary" compliance.

Glen

So what if I had ordered them over the phone, after thumbing through a catalog, having nothing to do with the internet? Same stance?

glens said:
Some time later they moved to Kentucky, and when applying for the tags there, they had to cough up KY sales tax on the car since none had ever been paid.&nbsp; Truly scary.

Truly scary is right. I'm confused as to how a car purchased out of kentucky and registered out of kentucky falls under their jurisdiction for sales tax? And they call us taxachusetts!(enough off topic)

Only internet saw I ever bought was from bailey's. Not all that helpful when it came time to warranty the piston. They never sent me a warranty card and never turned one in to Husky. Not bad mouthing a sponsor, just stating the facts.(I still deal w/ them for various items) Oddly enough my "expensive" local dealer went to bat for me with Husky when they didn't want to honor the warranty on an "internet" sale. Got the repair paid under warranty. He's earned my business on five more saws and I've earned a nice discount. It pays to shop local. I'm always at the head of the line for parts and service,most times at cost only.

Back