Who is still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep I believe I'm done here in northwest Ohio. Time for campfires now. Well, at least once it dries up a little I'll have campfires.

Finally warmed up around here, haven't had a fire in a week or so now. I think it is safe to say I am done until the fall.:msp_smile:

Well I guess I was wrong! I've had a fire in the living room insert three evenings in a row now. It's been very cool and raining again, calling for 20 tomorrow though, so things are looking up!

Not tonight, but the last 3 we've had a fire going after taking a week off. Hopefully that's it for the year, otherwise I don't know if I have enough wood for the summer.

Last couple excluding this eve. No biggie. Burn up chips and crumbs on the floor of the woodbarn. Clean things up and save a few days of cooking with gas.

Cool weather earlier in the week was good for gathering 2012-13s supply.

Still burning. I think there has been only one 24 hr period without a fire at some time. Been burning 24 hrs/day for the past several and wx report says will be doing it again tomorrow (60s/40s)

Using off a pile of very old Willow.

Harry K

I was thinking about it here too, 40 & 60's. Then i got up and remembered I had stove and chimney apart for their spring cleaning.
Guess I just throw on a flannnel shirt today.

Just back with a load of locust, step into one nice, warm house. Worked 4 hours cutting/loading/piling brush wearing a shirt/pants and never broke a sweat. Dunno the temp but would be surprised if it was much above hi 50s.

Harry K

Wow, it's the 18th of June and we've had 10 or 11 days 100 degrees or more.Good drying weather, but a little warm for a fire.You nawthuners should enjoy your weather, I would love to need a fire right now!:biggrin:

High today was 44 degrees. Yep, still burning.
attachment.php

Still burning the OWB for DHW only. Had to quit for a couple weeks while the weather was nice and we had the windows open. Oil boiler fired up for hot water and I totally freaked out while I watched the tank level drop!! A/C on now, windows closed, OWB fired. Burning small limb wood and junk not fit for winter but I'm too cheap to put it on the brush pile. Getting 3 days per load. Life is good again.:msp_biggrin:

Back