Who is still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Global warming my arse. I'll be burning for another month probably. This is the coldest spring here I can remember for a long time.

My stove has only gone out a few times so far.

I've been starting a fire once every 3-4 days for the last few weeks. It's 64 now at 7:38pm. I had a fire earlier because i like to have windows open when i smoke fine cigars. The way the forecast looks i might not be able to justify starting one until late next week.

Two, three days a weeks here, just morning a night, not during the day.

The fish are bittin, turkeys gobbling and found two gallons of morels already.:msp_thumbup:

Still way cold here in upstate NY...we are still burning wood. for two weeks now its been snowing well into the 40 degrees range. I have seen snow at 38 or so, but 44 degrees? I know its something to do with thermals but still, i aint never seen it before. Im glad i like burnign wood!

I've had a fire on all day.. I'm having one every few days now, I find the basement get's cold and then it starts to creep through the house. I wish I had some poplar left perfect time of year for that wood.

Had the stove going all day here... Most nights the last week just to take the chill off..

Global warming can cause very cold winters too...

Seriously, they are actually saying that. In recorded history, this was the 37th coldest winter in Arky-saw.....get this, out of 145 winters! But global warming did it?
BTW....the windows are open in the house with a fan blowing.....it's only 72*F right now.

Guberment must cause a panic in order for them to be able to tax it all better.......

Scott B

Still burning almost every night just to keep the LP from being used-has been a couple days in the 60's and up so a few overnights with no fire. I can usually get a fire going in the evening by stirring the ashes down and find enough coals from previous nights burn-I love the Pacific Energy Super 27!

Still have a fire going here just about everyday. Usually let it go out during daylight, but at sundown light 'er up and burn all night, my GF likes the house warm. Everytime I bring wood into the house I swear it will be the last time, but I keep going out for more.

We are still burning. We burn almost all year round. We usually shut down just for a couple of months in the summer.

We just hooked our water heater in the dairy barn up to the stove and it makes a big difference in the electric bill. That is the main reason we keep it going for so long.

Back