Who is still burning

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Had to start a fire again today after a one day break, this has to stop at some point!

My one day break was last week. Been burning off the misfits, hogs legs, cookie parts and other crap I wouldn't stack from this Springs processing. If this keeps up I'll have to get into some real wood.

Still starting the fire at night just to get the temp up. The split wood is about gone and I think I will burn a little propane instead of splitting more. We only burned 14 gallons so far this winter anyway.

Started burning again!

My wife calls from work today "I have to go to town for work and will be stopping at Wal-Mart. Do you want me to buy a space heater?":msp_angry:

My answer: "Baby I was just out starting the fiery furnace before I go to work, Love You"

I suppose a happy wife is worth another cleaning of the OWB

Running a space heater or propane for a couple days is worth not having to clean the OWB again haha. I just got it all cleaned and put to sleep for the summer. I am not starting it again. :)

I figured we saved enough in heating expenses this year that we can afford to be "lazy" for this 3 day cold snap.

If i had a stove inside that would be a different story.

Runnin AC last week, burnin wood this week. Gotta love the Ozarks. :)

Had to cover the mater bushes last night.:msp_scared:

Runnin AC last week, burnin wood this week.

Last burn last year was one of those woodstove in the morning, A/C when I went to bed...went from 40s in the AM to 80s that night.

Burnin' again today...looks like this week will be one good fire mid-day each day to get the house up to 75º, repeat 24 hours later when we're down to 55º.

I had turned off the floors and just heat water for domestic use but our weather sucks with a capital S and we wake up freezing our butts so screw that, floors on and it looks as it might stay on for the rest of the week

Burned a couple small fires here the past few days. Left for work yesterday it was 42 high for the day was 51. Its usually 80-85 this time of year here

I've decided that I AM done now. The weather is slowly warming, and the forecast is for 70s and 80s in the next week. This past week, I had evening fires to get the chill out of the house, but I'm out of wood at the house, and I'm not bringing up any more! :msp_mad::censored:

Yeah I'm done too, letting the OWB burn out this weekend. Not lookin forward to throwin the breaker on the electric hot water heater tho :msp_thumbdn:

60 degrees and damp in the house last night , wifey was grumbling under a blanket ,decided best get a fire going ,loaded the stove twice . now its sposed to be 81degrees and humid today wtf??? jk

Back