Who likes big old Homelite muscle??

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
heimannm
Homelite 5-30 N

I saw this Homelite 5-30 N today, but I passed on it. Look at my Mono Series 80 thread to see what I did get!

If anyone is interested, this saw is reasonably priced, not cheap but I think it is reasonable and the piston/rings look to be in very good condition. It is missing the muffler and the starter handle is about to fall apart. Seems to have good compression, I did not check for spark.

If you're interested PM me and I can tell you more.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mark

cbfarmall

cbfarmall

Addicted to ArboristSite
. AS Supporting Member.
Here's some old Homelite muscle I got a couple weeks back. A little work with the fuel line and it runs very excellent. Has 9/16" chisel which has seen better day and an 8 tooth gear. Since the picture was taken, I have acquired a new muffler assembly (2 actually), a 1/2" gear, and, very shortly, a loop of 1/2" chain. Now I'll be looking a for 42-48" bar. I think I have a line on a 404 sprocket, and that ought to open my options up considerably. If I can get decals, I may just repaint this one.

BTW, this is a 900 gear drive.

Chris B.

900G_13.jpg

900G_8.jpg

900G_12.jpg

Conquistador3

Conquistador3

Le Comte de Frou Frou
Fellas -

Bumping an old thread -- trying to identify the saw in this picture - can anyone help with model and value?

Thanks,

Scott
View attachment 566656

It looks a whole lot like a 6-63 that has been slightly "modified": The filler cap sticking out from what I take is the fuel tank is a home-improvement special: no Homelite I know of had anything remotely similar.
The starter is definetely not off a 6-63 but probably came off a 6-60 or another solid red model from the same time frame.

bulletpruf
It looks a whole lot like a 6-63 that has been slightly "modified": The filler cap sticking out from what I take is the fuel tank is a home-improvement special: no Homelite I know of had anything remotely similar.
The starter is definetely not off a 6-63 but probably came off a 6-60 or another solid red model from the same time frame.

That looks like a match to me. Thanks.

Latest posts