who makes the best diesel truck?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes sir...i have been in my engine a bit also, very simple and reliable powerhouse.

i'm in the 375hp/775ftlb range.

P9040551.jpg

P9040546.jpg

The best diesel truck:

the BEST diesel truck is : drumroll please... a Ford 1 ton body with a Cummins motor and an Allison auto out of a GMC. Maybe a Fuller 10 speed road ranger if you can fit it. Make sure you put the seat from the GMC in there too! The big three all have good years/bad years, and best this and not so great that and plenty of die hard brand loyal fans. If I were to put together a best truck it would be as stated above. However, the Toyota hi-lux is diesel truly is the BEST diesel truck there is but it is only a 1/4 ton.

Your all wrong.

Western Star and Volvo make the best diesel trucks.

Now for a pick up, I say the Blue oval makes the best.

I have owned them all. Cummins, Duramax and now Powerstroke. I loved my 94' 12 valve, I loved my 03' Duramax even more and now I have a 2012 6.7L Powerstroke. Jury is still out on the Powerstroke. Decent power in stock form and it doesn't look all that bad either. It has some big shoes to fill as my Duramax was 606hp and 1194tq at the wheels on the dyno.

I started with a Powerstroke but my heart is and always be with 6 in a row.

I sold my old 01 3/4 ton Cummins last year and I have been wanting to have the clack clack clack back in my life for a little while.

My old truck came back up for sale but that would be like going back out with a girl that went out with someone else for a year and now you have her back. Not happening.

I also have had this creeping mid life crisis issue as of late. Aaaaaaand since I dont have any chest hair I couldn't get a Corvette. :laugh:

Soooooo, I fell back what I knew best. Things that are fast.....that are not supposed to be fast......and NOW draw alot of strange looks.

I have long been a fan of 2wd straight cab 3/4 ton short box Dodges............and I happened upon one. :D

I picked this up last month.

P1000854800x600_zps2410712b.jpg

With this mayhem under the hood.
Engine800x600_zps410c6f69.jpg

The first response out of peoples mouth is "What are you going to haul with that?" Mine reply is "A*S. And lots of it."

Driving it reminds me of an old 60's muscle car. It's loud, uncompromising, will try to kill you, and lets you know how bad your roads really are. Perfect.

An absolute, unbridled, haywire, blast to drive. It has dyno'd 677/1146.

The rear end will break loose and start skating at 70 mph when the gorillas wake up and start singing if you stab the throttle wrong. And at 70 psi, sing they do. Tickling it and rolling into the boost it is a fun ride.

I have got more double takes from people because this little pickup, that sounds like a Mack truck, just pulled into the diesel pump.

I have other vehicles to do work.

This is just a fast toy.......that shouldn't be. What I have always loved about modified diesels.

Last edited:
I started with a Powerstroke but my heart is and always be with 6 in a row.

I sold my old 01 3/4 ton Cummins last year and I have been wanting to have the clack clack clack back in my life for a little while.

My old truck came back up for sale but that would be like going back out with a girl that went out with someone else for a year and now you have her back. Not happening.

I also have had this creeping mid life crisis issue as of late. Aaaaaaand since I dont have any chest hair I couldn't get a Corvette. :laugh:

Soooooo, I fell back what I knew best. Things that are fast.....that are not supposed to be fast......and NOW draw alot of strange looks.

I have long been a fan of 2wd straight cab 3/4 ton short box Dodges............and I happened upon one. :D

I picked this up last month.

P1000854800x600_zps2410712b.jpg

With this mayhem under the hood.
Engine800x600_zps410c6f69.jpg

The first response out of peoples mouth is "What are you going to haul with that?" Mine reply is "A*S. And lots of it."

Driving it reminds me of an old 60's muscle car. It's loud, uncompromising, will try to kill you, and lets you know how bad your roads really are. Perfect.

An absolute, unbridled, haywire, blast to drive. It has dyno'd 677/1146.

The rear end will break loose and start skating at 70 mph when the gorillas wake up and start singing if you stab the throttle wrong. And at 70 psi, sing they do. Tickling it and rolling into the boost it is a fun ride.

I have got more double takes from people because this little pickup, that sounds like a Mack truck, just pulled into the diesel pump.

I have other vehicles to do work.

This is just a fast toy.......that shouldn't be. What I have always loved about modified diesels.

I bet that is a fun ride. Harmon was the first I seen that had a 2wd like that set up. I guess it gets pretty good mileage too.

I have zero clue on the mileage due to the , (cough), test and tunes....:D

And yes, Garmon is who turned me onto this when he did that build. So wrong...that it was so right.

The mileage is zero in the area of what he got. This was built for the track with a lot of spray. I have a fully locked D80 with 3.54's.

Funny how a fully locked rear scares folks in the parking lot of a store when the trucks barking with every turn you make.:laugh:

Funny I come across this thred

My buddy just called me not long ago..knowing I am a die hard Ford guy...asked me what what the best diesel.. I told him there wasn't one. Ford is all in house with a new motor..descent tranny..dodge has a long built bullet proof motor. bad tranny...chevy is good but limited motor with the bulletproof tranny....find a 5 year old dodge and put a chevy tranny in it. which killed me all the way around..Ford changes everything..they don't stick with anything tried and true..how long has the current dodge diesel been out? How long has the Allison chevy tranny been out? use to be you put a chevy motor in a ford truck and it would last forever..that is dating back to the late 70's...now dodge got government money and their r&d people finally started something. screw the 8 cylinder motor saving money by cutting to 4 cylinders. why have a v-8...oh yeah..a computer that nobody can work on..wtf happened to America. We used to run the world..now we pay everyone else to tell us we make too much pollution..KMA..I don't have emissions on my vehicles I don't have spark screens on my chainsaws. I don't feed my dogs soy and by GOD I don't eat soy. Let's stand up. Let government do their thing nad we will make it better and tell every other brother than can listen how to make things right again! nuff said

the BEST diesel truck is : drumroll please... a Ford 1 ton body with a International DT360 motor and a Fuller 10 speed road ranger.

There ya go, fixed it for ya.:clap::hmm3grin2orange::cheers: This thread is hard to stay away from. Some VERY impressive trucks and too easy to stir the pot.:msp_tongue::eek:uttahere2:

Latest posts

Back