Who makes these crappy saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blly8325

ArboristSite Member
Reaction score
This also a pic test to see if I can find out who makes em so I fix em to be loaner saws. THANKS

I'm probably better off using them as an anchor or clean em out and throw them in my pond for BASS structure.

Dont knock them too much. Ive made a few bucks from fixing them for people. Cleaned carb on wildthing,fixed recoil on husky,fixed oiler on craftsman like that one. Small fixes are pretty easy and if a guy owns one of those saws you can bet he doesnt know much abot mechanics. :)

Dont knock them too much. Ive made a few bucks from fixing them for people. Cleaned carb on wildthing,fixed recoil on husky,fixed oiler on craftsman like that one. Small fixes are pretty easy and if a guy owns one of those saws you can bet he doesnt know much abot mechanics. :)

I don't mind fixin em, I love doing gearhead stuff. But you can't fix em when you don't know who makes em so you can get the parts. Just tryin to figure the cost to aggravation ratio, will it be worth it?

I don't mind fixin em, I love doing gearhead stuff. But you can't fix em when you don't know who makes em so you can get the parts. Just tryin to figure the cost to aggravation ratio, will it be worth it?

Those are Poulan made saws, and if they have weak compression, they're done! Unlike your 371xp that has chrome or nikasil cylinder and aluminum piston, that little gem has a chrome plated piston and plain aluminum cylinder.

Sure, as long as you are talking about the ancillary (sp?) stuff those saws are plenty easy to work on. That Crapsman is a Poulan 2450 or similar saw, carb, oiler, fuel line, and recoil work is easy on those. If it needs engine internal work then scrap it, not worth it.

I used to keep a loaner saw around, but it was more work fixing the things my friends and family screwed up on it so now I just offer to come over and run a good saw for them as favor. Faster and cheaper that way, and more fun. Buzzzzz.:greenchainsaw:

Those are Poulan made saws, and if they have weak compression, they're done! Unlike your 371xp that has chrome or nikasil cylinder and aluminum piston, that little gem has a chrome plated piston and plain aluminum cylinder.

Beat me to tha punch! Shazaaam!

Well you've summed it up Ex. One runs the other is dead. The runner will be the loaner/ rescue saw the other will go to the metal yard with the old Slantfin radiator covers i just change. It just ain't worth the time or money to fix that dead saw.

Looks like my 3216 eager beaver i leave by the OWB for quick cuts,almost as good as the mighty made in china powerhorse!

hmph

How many licks does it take???

:laugh:

Pretty sure its a sewing company that makes motorbikes, lmao...

Back