Who makes this NT cant hook?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
sure does and if so a heck of a price.........

but if I know NT it'a a chincom copy........

but if I know NT it'a a chincom copy........

Exactly why I said "looks like". Dunno if its ChiCom or not. My local LogRite dealer gets something like $96 for theirs........ which they claim has a lifetime warranty. I've been wanting one for a long time. :cry:

Log-Rite is made 20 minutes from me.

great guys! great product!

i support local business any time i can.

Chicoms don't do me any favors and they build real crap.

i'd rather buy the Log-Rite no matter what they price.

watch Northern.after their insane shipping prices,you may find it cheaper to buy the Log-Rite.

when your kids are working at Wang Palace,you'll wish you bought the Log-Rite.

go with a real logrite or the original Peavy mfg
you will not regret it...

so a search on AS... there's reports of folks bending the aluminum peavy from northern tools.

NT does sell some name brand stuff & I was thinking they could be Logrite's, but I read a few reviews and yes the NT's bend....definatly not LR.
No, I have no regrets as I have never read a bad word about the LR, but I do need(want) a cant in addition to the peavy. It will just have to wait a while 'till funds build back up.

RD

bailey's one of the AS sponsors offers cant hook and/or peavey tips separately for logrite.

and yes ... logrite does offer a model longer than 60in... it's priced quite a bit higher and too bulky for me. one of the drawback to beefy logrite peavey/cants is it's bulkiness. much like Little Giant ladders... it's super strong, but drawback is it's heavy.

when tools are priced slightly higher and can demonstrate superiority. I have no problems going with higher price tools. however if there's no functional difference and it's priced more than slightly higher as in 2x-4x higher. then no... I'll vote with my wallet.

going by the ad for $69 for a northern tool that has a history of bending vs a USA made logrite for $96 (what I paid) that has a lifetime warranty, history of being pretty stout and good parts availability.

now which is the better deal?

NT does sell some name brand stuff & I was thinking they could be Logrite's, but I read a few reviews and yes the NT's bend....definatly not LR.
No, I have no regrets as I have never read a bad word about the LR, but I do need(want) a cant in addition to the peavy. It will just have to wait a while 'till funds build back up.

RD

Last edited:
I also just bought a 60" Logrite from Baileys, very impressive tool, worth the extra 30 bucks.

Logrite only makes a 42, 48 & 60". The NT's are 60" & 78".....must be a copy.

http://www.northerntool.com/webapp/...=mode+matchallpartial&Dx=mode+matchallpartial

RD

logRite makes a 78". They do not make the NT stuff, it's made in Red China. LogRite does make the Stihl branded tools. LogRite tooks can bend but not too often.
IMG_9291.jpg

yup ... any tool can be bent if pushed hard enough... let's just say you will not find too many bent logrite tools.

main difference is length of warranty.... 12 months for northern tools vs lifetime for logrite.

again... which is the better deal?
this is without even considering value of supporting an American company.

logRite makes a 78". They do not make the NT stuff, it's made in Red China. LogRite does make the Stihl branded tools. LogRite tooks can bend but not too often.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back