Who ports saws?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
fudge. That's not an easy fix. So buy a sh!t ton of plugs and find the one that fits?

fudge. That's not an easy fix. So buy a sh!t ton of plugs and find the one that fits?
Pretty much - on the other hand it's probably good enough if you get the electrode somewhere in the upper half. It can't block much then.

haha..funny

I got Mike Lee to buy two 75 cc and work 'em over. Since the 51.4 mm was never released in Canada, I just had to have two..lol. Anyway. Great guy to deal with. The package arrived last weekend, I just haven't opened them yet. Maybe there is nothing inside?One is going to be a little sportier than the other, like if they are in the box. I won't be out of camp for a few days yet but next week they are going on tour with me...I mean,
If they are actually in the box.. I'll buy a GoPro and mount it to my hard hat and you all can see my dirty ways out west.View attachment 512131

I hope they're still in the box and border patrol didn't have a husky they wanted it for. If they did I'll send you another couple.

Now you gotta index the plug - I'd bet that V shaped clean area on the piston top running from the center to the right is a shadow mark from the plug ground electrode.

I guess I indexed it the wrong way then. I figured all the mix was in the combustion chamber so I pointed the ground strap down

I guess I indexed it the wrong way then. I figured all the mix was in the combustion chamber so I pointed the ground strap down
The ground electrode is going to shade some portion of the combustion chamber no matter what, so you could make the argument about which part makes the most sense - and it would be almost impossible to prove one way or the other. I figured the piston is moving down and the volume is increasing that way, so you'd want good propagation in that direction. Maybe the best reason to put it to the top is to get better piston clearance on a squish reduced engine.

Nice stick ,how solid is it where you are cutting ?Mike does good work ,you should be happy with those saws .
There is a good shingle butt slab in the front only. You can see a small cat face in the back which has only about 6" of collar inside. The deep grooves in the tree butt automatically downgrade it to the single grade. On shingle butts they are only interested in the knot free slabs for shakes and not the centre. If it was a Heli block then we would mark at 3.8 metres (11'8") if that doesn't upgrade the next length to prime saw log then we would measure another 11'8". If it's to heavy to fly then we buck the 11'8". Maybe we could keep a shingle section and a preferred saw log length together for better flying weight then they buck the 11'8" off after it flys.
You can have saw log on your shingle section but you can't have any shingle in your saw log or licensee's like Interfor will down grade the pay price to the heli company that we cut for.
The tree was right at the corner of the top line and side line of the block. It was leaning into the side and down so the only option was "down the hill bill'. It was quite steep and the slab stoped about 500 ft down.

I'm sure I will be really happy with Mike's work. I got them in hand now. I'm eying them up in the living room. That's about as far as I go on a first date.

There is a good shingle butt slab in the front only. You can see a small cat face in the back which has only about 6" of collar inside. The deep grooves in the tree butt automatically downgrade it to the single grade. On shingle butts they are only interested in the knot free slabs for shakes and not the centre. If it was a Heli block then we would mark at 3.8 metres (11'8") if that doesn't upgrade the next length to prime saw log then we would measure another 11'8". If it's to heavy to fly then we buck the 11'8". Maybe we could keep a shingle section and a preferred saw log length together for better flying weight then they buck the 11'8" off after it flys.
You can have saw log on your shingle section but you can't have any shingle in your saw log or licensee's like Interfor will down grade the pay price to the heli company that we cut for.
The tree was right at the corner of the top line and side line of the block. It was leaning into the side and down so the only option was "down the hill bill'. It was quite steep and the slab stoped about 500 ft down.

I'm sure I will be really happy with Mike's work. I got them in hand now. I'm eying them up in the living room. That's about as far as I go on a first date.

WTF man, your production falling! you could have pulled that undercut back to the far flute before the cat face and put a dutchman in the far corner. she would have landed right smack dab in the lay ;) i wasn't there though lol. you will be impressed by those mike lee top ends. i'm still testing mine. the 50mm seems less torquey then the XT but the XT likes to be tuned way up at 14.5k which is to fast for the XT IMO. still has more torque at 13.8 but it's hard to decide.

I hope they're still in the box and border patrol didn't have a husky they wanted it for. If they did I'll send you another couple.
haha...now that's what you call good southern 'hospitality' right there.

Things worked out great. The only problem is choice confuses me. I'm not sure which one to f* first...lol

WTF man, your production falling! you could have pulled that undercut back to the far flute before the cat face and put a dutchman in the far corner. she would have landed right smack dab in the lay ;) i wasn't there though lol. you will be impressed by those mike lee top ends. i'm still testing mine. the 50mm seems less torquey then the XT but the XT likes to be tuned way up at 14.5k which is to fast for the XT IMO. still has more torque at 13.8 but it's hard to decide.
Hence: PRODUCTION in production Falling. Well it was in lay with the others on that side :D I launched them all of the hill. They were all limbed and toped by the time they stoped and I got them half way to the road. That's pretty good I figure. That was the only cedar though. That tree just destroyed the back of the stump.

Hence: PRODUCTION in production Falling. Well it was in lay with the others on that side :D I launched them all of the hill. They were all limbed and toped by the time they stoped and I got them half way to the road. That's pretty good I figure. That was the only cedar though. That tree just destroyed the back of the stump.

i feel like you took the easy route for yourself :D

Downhill logging at it's best lol .Limbing cedars sucks .,at the top they sprout out like a porkipine,if sliding down the hill doubles as a limbing tool ,that's just awesome in my eyes .

I see Poosh's saw shop is a sponsor. Does port work. Anybody know about his porting or ran one of his ported saws?
Shep

Latest posts

Back