Who wants a good laugh?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

4x4American

Got Sawdust?
Reaction score
Was on my way to town to the local stihl dealer today and come acrost this:

View attachment 267267

I think there's under 35 pieces there and they want $27.99 for it! (proberly plus tax cause NYS taxes everything including christmas trees)

Aw. I thought for sure it included the cart. I'd give them the 28 bucks for the tractor too.:msp_w00t:

them big places are great at ripping people off I think

No one is getting their arm twisted to buy it! If it didn't sell, they wouldn't stock it. Free market!

Oh, the wreath holder is included with the wreath!

"This cart $27.99". Does that include the wood? :spam:

267267d1355340833-1212121307-jpg

Last edited:
No one is getting their arm twisted to buy it! If it didn't sell, they wouldn't stock it. Free market!

Oh, the wreath holder is included with the wreath!

"This cart $27.99". Does that include the wood? :spam:

267267d1355340833-1212121307-jpg

What'd you do to make the picture come out big? Also, I'd love to bring the wreath holder home, Good ol Farmall A

The Harvester and the cart need serious tire/tube work. Maybe to slow down folks like you? :msp_wink:

I would give them the $27 and put the cart and wood in my truck and drive away.

I think the cart must be included for that price. I would laugh at them while they unloaded the wood if it wasn't.

No different form $5 armfuls at gas stations around here. I know many people who burn that much every time they fill their stove.

i sell

I sell a little more that is in that cart for $20.00

Sold cords and cords that way.

I guess its time to cut the wood in half and up the price by 8 bucks.:rock::rock:

same price is a good bottle of wine. saves buying a saw, possible a truck to haul wood, a tree to cut,something to split it with,place to store all the extra wood.

id pay 30 bucks for enough wood for a fire or 2.

same price is a good bottle of wine. saves buying a saw, possible a truck to haul wood, a tree to cut,something to split it with,place to store all the extra wood.

id pay 30 bucks for enough wood for a fire or 2.

Comeon what kinda discount hunter are ya! This is the opposite of a discount. According to my boss at the farm I sell my own split firewood for $110/cord picked up or $220/cord delivered and stacked. I'd charge someone $5 for a stack like that.

At one of the campgrounds we go to in the summer, they charge prices like that. I've actually talked to the owner about when/if I ever retire, moving onsite and being the "wood guy" for him.

We laugh at this, yet there will be a sucker somewhere, bragging to his friends in the livning room sitting by the fireplace, how he got "all this wood" for less than 28 dollars. The seller must barely be able to keep from laughing when someone stops to buy it, hell he could prolly charge even more if he put up a sign with it saying "no fossil fuel burned in the harvesting of this wood."

Latest posts

Back