Who would like a Gardening forum on here?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
took me a while to figure out this*&^#@## computer but finally got the google pic of last years garden. mostly sweet corn but all the other stuff too. just had the last bag of asparagus for dinner last nite. won't be long til i'm cutting again.View attachment 284130

That is one heck of a plot!!!!!

Farmer Steve is actually Farmer Steve.

Half way there

Off in the distance of this lousy pic you can see the beginning of my greenhouse, I trenched water and power out there last fall.
View attachment 284151

Looks like you have a bit of it finished.

Am I correct in thinking that you used to have a outside garden and are now just going to a greenhouse?

Curious as to why.

Looks like you have a bit of it finished.

Am I correct in thinking that you used to have a outside garden and are now just going to a greenhouse?

Curious as to why.

I had a big outdoor garden and good soil but, it has begun to take too much time with weeding and watering, with this setup I can set the drip lines and forget about it. I needed the greenhouse anyhow for cuttings and 30 new varieties of Rhodeys I'm starting from seed this year, so I made it bigger and will give the veggies a try. If things don't work out as planned I can bust out my 7' tiller and grind in a new garden in no time.

I got my whole drip setup for free, there was a greenhouse that collapsed on a parcel that my buddies wife had a real estate listing on, they wanted it gone and I said I would do it for the scrap, 1/2 hour into the job after I removed the drip setup here comes the ladies son telling me how much money I should pay for that valuable scrap. I told him he could shove every last piece of that twisted junk clear past his colon and drove out of there, they called back two weeks later and I told them the job would now cost $500 for the removal, after agreeing on $400 I gave the job away to my buddies sons who still are gracious because there were two working commercial vent fans in the weeds that I did no see...at least I got the drip setup.

I got my whole drip setup for free, there was a greenhouse that collapsed on a parcel that my buddies wife had a real estate listing on, they wanted it gone and I said I would do it for the scrap, 1/2 hour into the job after I removed the drip setup here comes the ladies son telling me how much money I should pay for that valuable scrap. I told him he could shove every last piece of that twisted junk clear past his colon and drove out of there, they called back two weeks later and I told them the job would now cost $500 for the removal, after agreeing on $400 I gave the job away to my buddies sons who still are gracious because there were two working commercial vent fans in the weeds that I did no see...at least I got the drip setup.

free is good:blob2:

took me a while to figure out this*&^#@## computer but finally got the google pic of last years garden. mostly sweet corn but all the other stuff too. just had the last bag of asparagus for dinner last nite. won't be long til i'm cutting again.View attachment 284130

Now we know your latitude and longitude. We can send Genius over to visit.

Any of you using a liquid fertilizer injection system on your drip tape/soaker hose systems? I tried to use a water treatment chemical injection pump last year with dismal results.

I planted 2 rows of potato onions, 2 of garlic and one row of leeks in this bed in early January while we had a thaw. The garlic and leeks are coming up but the potato onions seem to be taking longer.

attachment.php

I'm new to the tunnel gardening.

Any of you using a liquid fertilizer injection system on your drip tape/soaker hose systems? I tried to use a water treatment chemical injection pump last year with dismal results.

this is chemilizer 1-100 injector, mix up some juice . garden hose hooks up on one side ,other side goes to drip . .View attachment 284324

Here's a link to a leader in the industry. http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...hIGwAw&usg=AFQjCNHdJ1OMLnSeZkWv7cUXfAAtC84dCQ

I mix nutrients in a 55 gallon barrel and pump it into a garden hose and hand water with a wand. My set up also returns some of the main flow back to the 55 to keep things mixed up well.

Yup, Dosatron is good.

We use them for our livestock and they work great. Rebuild kits are cheap and easy to do.
We have also used Chemalizer injectors and have not had good luck with them.

Yup, Dosatron is good.

We use them for our livestock and they work great. Rebuild kits are cheap and easy to do.
We have also used Chemalizer injectors and have not had good luck with them.

i spread cow #### on the garden in the fall and till it in :msp_thumbup:

i spread cow #### on the garden in the fall and till it in :msp_thumbup:

Yup, my garden gets a ton of cow #### on it in the fall.
Whatever #### 6 cows produce in a year.

Then I clean my chicken coop out every other year.

I figured I don't need to put pig #### on it

Latest posts

Back