Who's Making The Best Half Ton Truck???

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I understand that the 352 and 390 are the same block with different cranks. They were very tough motors.
Yeah I just don't have any personal experience with them to comment...I however like the I6...one that you don't seem to care for ;).

The 300 I6 truck series motor wasn't made for pep, it was made to out pull the 460!!!!

The 300 car motor, you must not have ever driven one!! They would outrun a 302 tuned right!!!

The 352 left me wanting, seemed to use as much gas, but just a bit short of power. The 390 was bullet proof!! 360 was a good motor as well, none of the 351's did much for me, well there is one, but good luck finding a set of those open port heads!!!!
The 460 was a beast, but the 429 was my hands down favorite!!!! Too bad I was to stupid to own one when I did:)

A lot of people liked the I6, and it did have a lot of torque--just wasn't peppy enough for my taste.

Yeah I guess the torque and durability are what I liked about them. I'd trade any one of my 5.0's for a I-6 especially the one in my 93. I guess its all dependant on what you use your truck for. If its more or less a tar baby/commuter and seldom pull things the 5.0's are nice.

Yeah I guess the torque and durability are what I liked about them. I'd trade any one of my 5.0's for a I-6 especially the one in my 93. I guess its all dependant on what you use your truck for. If its more or less a tar baby/commuter and seldom pull things the 5.0's are nice.

5.0's pull fine with the right gear ratio.

I have a 2003 chevy 2500HD with 115,000 miles on it and the only thing I have replaced are the tires. My brother has 120,000 on his 1998 chevy 1500 and has had zero problems. His I believe was the last year for the 350. I know this is just my opinion but I think Chevys are pretty tough. Also I dont get why ford is marketing a "half ton" truck with 3000 lbs of payload. That is not a half ton.:confused:

Latest posts

Back