Who's still burning?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
yep, going to be high of 55 saturday with rain so we will get rid of some of the cutoffs and other odd stuff laying around ............been a slow start for the garden around here this year with these cool night temps.

Been burning all day today and it's starting to Snow!! Earlier this week I turned the A/C for the first time Now it's back to heating again.
This year sucks only been out in the boat once. They even have a snowfall warning S.W of me in the foothills and mountains. I lived here all my life and this winter was the longest I can remember and the summer is slow to start, lot's of trees still have not leafed out yet every thing is two or three weeks behind.

Been burning all day today and it's starting to Snow!! Earlier this week I turned the A/C for the first time Now it's back to heating again.
This year sucks only been out in the boat once. They even have a snowfall warning S.W of me in the foothills and mountains. I lived here all my life and this winter was the longest I can remember and the summer is slow to start, lot's of trees still have not leafed out yet every thing is two or three weeks behind.

It's odd that we are getting better weather than you are. It only tried to snow here, but I only saw a few tiny flakes.

Leaves are trying to come in here too, but we are a few weeks behind as well.

Hopefully summer is in full swing in July when I get there. That's a reasonable time frame for summer, isn't it? :confused:

It's odd that we are getting better weather than you are. It only tried to snow here, but I only saw a few tiny flakes.

Leaves are trying to come in here too, but we are a few weeks behind as well.

Hopefully summer is in full swing in July when I get there. That's a reasonable time frame for summer, isn't it? :confused:
At least the snow did not stick melted right away. July is Stampede Week it has only snowed once during Stampede Week lol My boss told me that today I also remember my Dad telling me that I think it was in the Early 70s so I wont remember lol. When you get here you have to check out that new Bass Pro Shop It's really unbelievable!

Lit the outdoor unit up this morning..........unf'n believable weather, in June!

As soon as I hook up the hot water heater, will burn all year.....F the oil!:cheers:
Paul

Barely got to 50 yesterday, so I fired up the stove last night to take the chill off. I can't ever remmember burning in June before, I guess it must be glowbull warming.

Barely got to 50 yesterday, so I fired up the stove last night to take the chill off. I can't ever remmember burning in June before, I guess it must be glowbull warming.

I was fixing up a boat rig that I have up for sale and redid some of the wiring that looked suspect. I do this work outside and my solder did not want to run properly due to the low temps. :confused: I had to heat for quite a while to get a good bond.

When I came inside the house was cold and I was tempted to make a fire.

It is cool again today, but doesn't seem to be fire weather as my feet aren't freezing as I type this. :D

I keep thinking that I am done, but it is suppose to be 46 here tomorrow night. Wyoming and Montana are looking for snow. So much for global warming!:censored:

I can,t even remember the last tme i had to restart the owb. last year after returning from a week camping trip it was still going even tho the power had been switched off just in case it went out. even not filling the firebox we can go well over a week without adding wood. its just the 2 of us now so less laundry, dishes and showers means less wood consumed. less than a cord from the time we switch over from heat to a/c.

made a fire today in the indoor furnace--after 3 days of rain and mid 40's the house was pretty cold . nice and warm now!

thermometer needle was leaning on 50° this morning - and raining. Not going to reach 60° for the next three days, so it looks like we'll be burning into mid-June. Today will be the first fire in over a week, however.

New record for me, made a fire to get the shop up to temp yesterday.
This is the latest that we have ever had a fire. Normally we have been knocking on the door of 100 regularly, this year, 60s and 70s are normal. Come on global warming, where are you!!!!!

Was windy and hit 50 the last two nights here at 3500' elevation, couldnt stand it only being 60 in the house when I woke up and I'm determined that 125 gallons of propane I just bought is gonna make it to winter so for the first time in 22 years I got the woodstove going last night in the month of June, weird weather here more like March.

If I had dry wood by the house I would've at least lit a small fire on Tuesday to drive the dampness off. Maybe Wednesday & Thursday. Who plans to have firewood handy in June?

Started a small fire last night. The boy had a baseball game in the 58° drizzle. Sitting on damp aluminium bleachers set the cold in the bones.

House temp was ~62ish. Normally comfy, but not warm enough to chase away our damp chiliness.

The added bonus was heating up for free some left over pizza in the cookstove oven. :)

Started a small fire last night. The boy had a baseball game in the 58° drizzle. Sitting on damp aluminium bleachers set the cold in the bones.

House temp was ~62ish. Normally comfy, but not warm enough to chase away our damp chiliness.

The added bonus was heating up for free some left over pizza in the cookstove oven. :)

We went from frost warnings to heat index warnings....go figure...if ya don't like the weather ...stick around for a few minutes!

Back