Why are Stihls regarded as the "best"

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
[snip]

Love the truck...buuuuuut....if you're gonna catch the babes it needs to be lifted and some bi gass tires need to be added. Its just the way we roll out here in the Country. And as Weimdog said...you need to be a "stihl" dealer to afford that stuff...can't afford that on a "husky" salesmen salary....

hehe

hahaha, except this has more flex stock than most anything that's 'lifted' and they are 33.3's on there too (anymore tyre and it costs $$ to prove it's safe, the registration guys here get stroppy, and I'd have to spend a bomb on driveline upgrades too, but then most lifts are for sho, aren't they ;) )

hahaha, except this has more flex stock than most anything that's 'lifted' and they are 33.3's on there too (anymore tyre and it costs $$ to prove it's safe, the registration guys here get stroppy, and I'd have to spend a bomb on driveline upgrades too, but then most lifts are for sho, aren't they ;) )

Rick I believe you are correct on all fronts....but around here its the "backs" :laugh:we be lookin fer...its not really about utility...its about "ability" to get "fannies" in the seats...and female fannies dig the big suspension and you NEED a big LOUD exhaust...and oh yeah a boom boom boom kickin stereo. Sorry gals but us Country boys know how to bring it... hehe.

Here's my Sunday fancy ride...View attachment 232680

I'm gonna have to go and shut off the phone now because it'll be blowin up soon.. hehe.

You guys are hilarious.

I have probably ten different brands of saws. Most of them are fairly old. I like them all. If I buy a saw and I don't like it, it goes down the road. Anyone who sticks to one brand because of the color of the paint is missing out on a lot of great saws and a lot of fun. They all make great saws and they all make turds, so buy the good ones and leave the turds regardless what it says on the side.

That's my two cents. Did I use enough ####ing punctuation????:msp_sneaky:

FFSC, s o m e o ne already said this priar! :dizzy:

Whats "punctuation"..... Two many punctures?

Rick I believe you are correct on all fronts....but around here its the "backs" :laugh:we be lookin fer...its not really about utility...its about "ability" to get "fannies" in the seats...and female fannies dig the big suspension and you NEED a big LOUD exhaust...and oh yeah a boom boom boom kickin stereo. Sorry gals but us Country boys know how to bring it... hehe.

Here's my Sunday fancy ride...View attachment 232680

I'm gonna have to go and shut off the phone now because it'll be blowin up soon.. hehe.

Oh Angelo, I dig your big Dooley :laugh:

This is how you lift a 4x4....and Stihl would love to match the quality of materials used and the machining tollerences of these

232681d1333878040-md-front-portal-jpg

haha I wish, not only would it mean mine where assembled, it would also mean I had a project vehicle on the side....well If lotto call I may just be able to make that happen :hmm3grin2orange:

good eyes on the pitman arm, that is one of his chassis's btw

great pic of the unimog Al. Not sure if you have figured it, but the ones I posted are custom made that bolt on the end of a standard Landrover housing. Rear steering an option also. Boxes are SG Iron, gears are EN39b, stub shafts are AMS 1684, all Aussie made :rock:

The Unimog is a bloody brilliant bit of German engineering without doubt.

great pic of the unimog Al. Not sure if you have figured it, but the ones I posted are custom made that bolt on the end of a standard Landrover housing. Rear steering an option also. Boxes are SG Iron, gears are EN39b, stub shafts are AMS 1684, all Aussie made :rock:

The Unimog is a bloody brilliant bit of German engineering without doubt.

Nah not up on the Landrover side of things mate, but like Marks for Patrol nonetheless.

Nah not up on the Landrover side of things mate, but like Marks for Patrol nonetheless.

Yep, except Mal Storey from Maxi Drive designed and built portals, rear steer and ultra low low ranges long before Marks made their stuff.

Mal has since retired and closed the business, but at least some of his gear is still produced to fix up the <s>stupid stuff ups</s> compromised stuff Land Rover still do.

Yep, except Mal Storey from Maxi Drive designed and built portals, rear steer and ultra low low ranges long before Marks made their stuff.

Mal has since retired and closed the business, but at least some of his gear is still produced to fix up the <s>stupid stuff ups</s> compromised stuff Land Rover still do.

Marks sold out too I hear?

i myself like the husqvarna,the reason i went with these saws was simply cause i saw most forest workers here in ireland using them and i knew for years of the good name they had,on top of that i get great prices on all my stuff from my local husqvarna dealer and when i ever buy a new saw i get a lot of stuff thrown in!!! so i can't say that husqvarna dealers are money grabbers.

how ever,i never used a sthil saw even though i own a 045av,it's my dads and we are doing it up. but they look good and i would use one if i had to,i think a lot of it comes down to what you are used to,i now wouldn't change cause i know husky saws inside out and can do all the work to my saws myself.

also a husqvarna trademark is user friendliness and useability,less vibrations and the fact that all there pro saws are developed with all the pro loggers around the world had me sold before i even needed to figure out what to go for. :msp_wink:
not even that,it's just the whole package of a husqvarna saw is very appealing.

but when you have used nothing but husqvarna saws it's hard to give an opinion then isn't it :)

Last edited:
Back