Why can't everyday go so well?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BPS. LLC

ArboristSite Operative
Reaction score
Thursday, I had a regular customer call me out for a stump grinding estimate. The utility company's subcontractors took down all 33 of my customer's pines for free (against his will). In addition to getting a big stump grinding job...Wood is wood, especially when its free, and I scored about 5 cords of bucked up pine.

In this subdivision, the utilities run through the backyards since there's only two streets...I flyered the entire neighborhood and all together probably got 8-9 free cords of cut wood and so far 6 jobs that should carry me for another month.

Its been a tough winter for me so far, especially since I plan on snow removal to cover some expenses...I will take it anyway I can get it, and the free wood has next year covered for me and the in-laws.

im in the same boat with the snow removal thing. been cuttin like crazy around here just to keep my sanity

What are you going to do with the pine?

Maybe you can split it really small, wrap it up, and sell it for $2.99 a bundle for kindling?

Maybe you can split it really small, wrap it up, and sell it for $2.99 a bundle for kindling?

Ya, or it is just firewood for him. Wood is wood, man, dry pine burns great. I've burnt a lot of it, and there's some mixed in my stacks now, and more to go that isn't split yet.

Lol, I'm not afraid to burn pine. Its not "good" wood, but its free wood, which I have no problem burning...especially when all I have to do is split it. It will burn great in the evenings when someone is home to feed the fire. Let it dry and burn it hot...it all burns.

Latest posts

Back