Why do pro saws last longer?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's why you have to take internet complaints with a grain of salt. No saw in the world would have stood up to the heat that picture evidences, pro or non pro. Yet, this guy bad mouths not only the saw, but the dealer as well. I suspect a lot of those Focus complaints are similar.

His looks like it was heating up for quite a spell. I'd say a minute or more on that one based on how much damage there is. The saw I showed the guy was trying over and over to get it go with the brake on. He broke the brake handle off and couldn't un-brake it so he kept trying to make it go. The damage on that saw is less than the posters saw but appears to be the same type of damage by looking at the pics of the two saws.

So getting back to topic this could happen to nearly any "pro" saw even Huskys (gasp)! But a cheaper fix on a outboard clutch!

That's why you have to take internet complaints with a grain of salt. No saw in the world would have stood up to the heat that picture evidences, pro or non pro. Yet, this guy bad mouths not only the saw, but the dealer as well. I suspect a lot of those Focus complaints are similar.

I have a friend who worked in a Ford garage and guess what came in the door with problems? Fords! surprise surprise lol
Same thing with a mate that works in a peugeot garage and a VW garage
Its like shooting 100 clay pigeons and missing one, do you remember the 99 nice kills or the one miss!!

So getting back to topic this could happen to nearly any "pro" saw even Huskys (gasp)! But a cheaper fix on a outboard clutch!

If the saw has a poly case on it it could happen to any brand. The mag cases now would stand up to the heat but the seals, oil drive and possibly the oil pump itself would be just as fried on a pro saw just like the homeowner. I've seen pro saws lose a clutch spring and fall behind the clutch and chew a mag case beyond repair as well. The poster is correct on one thing, the mag case would not had shown the damage of the poly case but there would be plenty of other damage to drain the wallet just the same.

If the saw has a poly case on it it could happen to any brand. The mag cases now would stand up to the heat but the seals, oil drive and possibly the oil pump itself would be just as fried on a pro saw just like the homeowner. I've seen pro saws lose a clutch spring and fall behind the clutch and chew a mag case beyond repair as well. The poster is correct on one thing, the mag case would not had shown the damage of the poly case but there would be plenty of other damage to drain the wallet just the same.

look at it this way. he meatballed one saw, you get to selll another and he is taught a valuable lesson. something tells me he stihl didnt learn anything. such is life when you are the Master!

:cheers:

look at it this way. he meatballed one saw, you get to selll another and he is taught a valuable lesson. something tells me he stihl didnt learn anything. such is life when you are the Master!

What usually happens now is that person has a real downer on that particular brand of saw (ring any bells) lol
Im guilty of it i had 2 peugeot cars and WONT be having any more but many people swear by the brand
Like i said its not the 99 you hit you remember!

The chain break is the first thing to go on my saws.All of them pro or otherwise.:cheers:

As Forrest Gump said schit happens. Now bout this Master stuff let me tells ya rights now. There aint but one Master, but one King, only one of the one and only and his name is uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh WANAB by gockie,LOL

The chain break is the first thing to go on my saws.All of them pro or otherwise.:cheers:

A bit like we would all be more careful drivers if we did away with airbags, seatbelts ABS ESP and put a big spike in the middle of the steering wheel!

I like my chain break!
Hell why not just weld the clutch while were at it! it wont slip and over heat then!

And anutter thing

attachment.php

Regardless of whatever you hear Stihls do not break down. What you see is my soon to be new Caddy,LOLOLOL

Give it time mate!

well lets see, this is the internet where peeps come to biotch so you likely to see many.

all i can find is stuff on 2000-2005 models so i think your about 4 years behind the times mate, last time i checked ford was selling 2008 models, whatever.

i got 9k on mine in about 3 months and zero problems. even holds up to full powershifts. downright amazing how fast it is for a car that gets 35 MPG.

:hmm3grin2orange:

looks like that pic of your saw is showing about how much you know.

9K miles - talk to me when you have 50k, and your out of warranty! Hope you have an extended warranty!

That web site shows owners with the same problems coming up with the 2006, 2007 models if you look. I would not buy a product were the ignition key jams into the ignition, and you can not pull it out or start your car, but have to tow it to the dealer to fix it for $400 a shot, and the same problem occurs 3 and 4 times to the same vehicle/owner. And this problem occurs year and year.

I know your excuse is the dumb user of the car, does not know how to put the key in the ignition! He/She must have abused the ignition key and/or lock. Using your logic this should be happening to other car owners and makes, but it is not!

Good luck with you lemon!
PS. I would get to know a locksmith on a first name basis, ahead of time before the problem happens to you!

:censored: :censored: :censored:

9K miles - talk to me when you have 50k, and your out of warranty! Hope you have an extended warranty!

That web site shows owners with the same problems coming up with the 2006, 2007 models if you look. I would not buy a product were the ignition key jams into the ignition, and you can not pull it out or start your car, but have to tow it to the dealer to fix it for $400 a shot, and the same problem occurs 3 and 4 times to the same vehicle/owner. And this problem occurs year and year.

I know your excuse is the dumb user of the car, does not know how to put the key in the ignition! He/She must have abused the ignition key and/or lock. Using your logic this should be happening to other car owners and makes, but it is not!

Good luck with you lemon!
PS. I would get to know a locksmith on a first name basis, ahead of time before the problem happens to you!

:censored: :censored: :censored:

thanks!

the '08 has a differant ignition, mostly a whole new car. i got a bunch of lemons. not sure about the focus but my other 2 lemons where rated #1 in class by JD power for customer satisfaction.

the lemonaid sure taste good!

:buttkick:

Back