Why Do Stihl Saws Cost SO Much More?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really i have a 192T,201T,261 II,ECHO 2511,550xp,372xp,390xp, and JRed 2260. None ported and they all cut....imagine that.
Did you do any mods to the 2511, what chain are you running.
Doesn't surprise me at all, I enjoy a quite saw on a job, especially in certain neighborhoods, can't wait for the electrics. I do like playing with ported saws too though, lots of fun when helping others cut firewood. I still like the 346's even though the 550's beat them in everything except legend status.
Wait you don't really have a wild thing, I have a few of them, I really do just in pieces :laugh:.
If anyone see's anything they want or need in here let me know and I'll hook you up:cheers:.
I don't work on much so these will be sitting for a long time.
Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 7.58.13 AM.png Screen Shot 2018-05-17 at 7.55.18 AM.png

Did you do any mods to the 2511, what chain are you running.
Doesn't surprise me at all, I enjoy a quite saw on a job, especially in certain neighborhoods, can't wait for the electrics. I do like playing with ported saws too though, lots of fun when helping others cut firewood. I still like the 346's even though the 550's beat them in everything except legend status.
Wait you don't really have a wild thing, I have a few of them, I really do just in pieces :laugh:.
If anyone see's anything they want or need in here let me know and I'll hook you up:cheers:.
I don't work on much so these will be sitting for a long time.
View attachment 652690 View attachment 652691

No mods on the 2511. It has .043 on it
a96e26508130e71fbab7174b65c682a1.jpg

I didn't know there was a 450 that was not a rancher. The 450 rancher is a great small saw, about the same specs as a 353, and my favorite stock plastic cased saw. I like the quick clips for getting at the air filter, great saw for someone cutting mainly 8-12" wood.

Mines not a rancher but I don't think they started calling them a rancher in the 450 until a few years ago. It was all I had for a while and now I let anyone who is helping me cut up a tree use it. Mine had a bad oiler though so I have one of those adjustable ones on it from the 353.

Mines not a rancher but I don't think they started calling them a rancher in the 450 until a few years ago. It was all I had for a while and now I let anyone who is helping me cut up a tree use it. Mine had a bad oiler though so I have one of those adjustable ones on it from the 353.
I don't think I knew that or paid attention. If they came as 450 that were not ranchers I would think I'd have owned a few, I always try to keep one around as I like them a lot for the price point.
I saw that in your signature about the oiler.
Now I'm off to look at pictures lol.

I don't think I knew that or paid attention. If they came as 450 that were not ranchers I would think I'd have owned a few, I always try to keep one around as I like them a lot for the price point.

It's hard to find info about the conversion but I found a member on here from a few years ago and messaged him and he gave me detailed info about it. This was my post. https://www.arboristsite.com/community/threads/husky-450-adjustable-oiler-conversion.305277/

Can't believe the Stihl guy has to school you lol I have a 450 non-Rancher and a 450 Rancher myself.

20180517_220150_crop_755x288.jpg

Can't believe the Stihl guy has to school you lol I have a 450 non-Rancher and a 450 Rancher myself.

Read it and weep you Hussy guys :p
View attachment 652770
I don't mind who teaches me, just so long as I continue to learn, take a look at my signature ;).
I'm still alive :laugh:.
What I'd like to know is what the difference is.
Is that the price in the top of the pages.
But I have a 450 xtorq...
That's what those say they are.

I don't mind who teaches me, just so long as I continue to learn, take a look at my signature ;).

That's the hp/Weight ratio that I wrote there. The .386 is a typo. I meant to write .286 on both, my wife was talking and I wrote it wrong lol

I was just kidding about the teaching. I just didn't want you guys thinking I was BS'ing. I have no clue what the difference is. If you like I can take some pictures of the two I have and you can see if you spot something different. I gave the Huskys to my father in law, maybe he will sell you the regular 450?

Well I guess they do. I got so caught up in how bad ass the rancher sounded I missed that part. Lol

That's the hp/Weight ratio that I wrote there.

I was just kidding about the teaching. I just didn't want you guys thinking I was BS'ing. I have no clue what the difference is. If you like I can take some pictures of the two I have and you can see if you spot something different. I gave the Huskys to my father in law, maybe he will sell you the regular 450?
That's okay, I just checked your homework :rolleyes:, and you got the answer wrong ;).
I may be interested.
I do need to check my pictures to see what I have had.

That's okay, I just checked your homework :rolleyes:, and you got the answer wrong ;).
I may be interested.
I do need to check my pictures to see what I have had.

I knew I screwed up, but forgot to correct it before the picture. I edited my post to say one was wrong but you quoted me too fast haha

@chipper1

What’s The Key Difference Between The 450, 450e, And 450 Rancher?
When buying a Husqvarna 450 chainsaw, you should remember that there are three models: the 450, the 450E and the 450 Rancher. Therefore, understanding the differences between the three models and their benefits is important. Based on their performance specs, it seems that the three models use an identical engine, major housing and tanks. To buy the base 450 model, you need $360 and $370 to buy the 450E model. To buy the 450 Rancher, you need at least $400. Listed weights for the three models highly differ.

The primary difference between the 450-base model and the 450E model is that the latter features Tool-less Adjustment. You have to pay $10 premium amount for the unique feature. The additional 8.5 ounces might be a substitution of the bar/sprocket-attachment cover.

The 450 Rancher boasts the side-mounted chain tensioning feature that differentiates it from the others. For the feature, you will have to pay an additional $40. When comparing the three models, you will realise that the 450 Rancher does not showcase the Smart Start feature.

Full story here

https://thewoodcutter.info/key-difference-450-450e-450-rancher/

I knew I screwed up, but forgot to correct it before the picture. I edited my post to say one was wrong but you quoted me too fast haha
That's no problem, head to the principals office, never thought I'd be saying that lol.
I did get one of my old teachers back. I was the assistant manager at a muffler and brake shop, he came in for mufflers in his Chevy. It had dual exhaust and wasn't factory, but he had a lifetime replacement warranty on his mufflers, isaid no problem but I would have to put the exhaust back to the original placement and put a catalytic converter on it and that wouldn't be free:laughing:. I did replace just the mufflers, but let him know it won't happen again.
Cool, check it out in a bit.

I'll compare my two side by side and see what the difference is. I can tell you the 450 Rancher clearly says Rancher on the side. You have a regular 450.

I can't imagine they would be different. Y make 3 different models of the same saw. They make 3 different stickers instead.

I do believe your theory. But from everything I've read, the chain adjuster is the difference. Does one adjust from the front and one from the clutch cover? I'll check when I go to the shop

Latest posts

Back