Why Do Stihl Saws Cost SO Much More?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Husqvarna Dealer Inventory "Ordered to Much" ... $700 for the 372xp ... $809 for the 576xp (with bars) etc,

Stihl Corporate will no Longer spin Loops of oddball DL counts ? If it will not fit their bar (chain in Particular)
Stihl said "No" for a Cannon 29" 404. "Husqvarna" claims their full of it, rethought,? and reconsidered ...
Stihl dealer confirmed, how absurd Corporate has became. They needed a piece of coil wire. Corporate refused, as they had to order a 50' spool for ex.

"The Lufthansa" View attachment 651728
What are you talking about?

Husqvarna Dealer Inventory "Ordered to Much" ... $700 for the 372xp ... $809 for the 576xp (with bars) etc,

Stihl Corporate will no Longer spin Loops of oddball DL counts ? If it will not fit their bar (chain in Particular)
Stihl said "No" for a Cannon 29" 404. "Husqvarna" claims their full of it, rethought,? and reconsidered ...
Stihl dealer confirmed, how absurd Corporate has became. They needed a piece of coil wire. Corporate refused, as they had to order a 50' spool for ex.

"The Lufthansa" View attachment 651728
Great prices on those Husky's.

Are you saying Stihl will no longer make oddball loops at the factory? If so, their choice. However, if I'm a Stihl dealer (or any dealer for that matter) and I buy/have rolls of chain, I'll make them to and length "MY" customers want. That's customer service.

NYH1.

NYH1.

Being new to chainsaw forums I'll say it's funny how brand loyal people are.

I say if you like your truck, saw or tools and they work for you have at it!

At work I run 13 amp dewalt sawzalls and lots of guys who run "pro grade" 15 amp saws make fun of me. They both last a year for me and I can buy 3 cheaper mid level sawzalls for every 1 pro sawzall. The cheap ones are lighter to.

I run dewalt tools to make my living cause I find they are the most reliable. But I also have makita and Milwaukee tools as I find certain brands make certain tools better. I'll bet chainsaws are like that.

I have 2 buddies who have saws.

1 has a little 30cc Mac for pruning in his yard and really it's all he needs. He thinks it's the perfect saw.

Other buddy runs an ms290 and again it's the perfect saw for him.

They both think my 70cc saw is over kill. And why do I have 4 saws when you can only use 1 at a time? Lol

To each their own I say.

Preference is a subjective thing I think.

Not everyone needs a stihl or huskypro saw.

Not every landscaper does lots of tree jobs a year.

Being new to chainsaw forums I'll say it's funny how brand loyal people are.

I say if you like your truck, saw or tools and they work for you have at it!

At work I run 13 amp dewalt sawzalls and lots of guys who run "pro grade" 15 amp saws make fun of me. They both last a year for me and I can buy 3 cheaper mid level sawzalls for every 1 pro sawzall. The cheap ones are lighter to.

I run dewalt tools to make my living cause I find they are the most reliable. But I also have makita and Milwaukee tools as I find certain brands make certain tools better. I'll bet chainsaws are like that.

I have 2 buddies who have saws.

1 has a little 30cc Mac for pruning in his yard and really it's all he needs. He thinks it's the perfect saw.

Other buddy runs an ms290 and again it's the perfect saw for him.

They both think my 70cc saw is over kill. And why do I have 4 saws when you can only use 1 at a time? Lol

To each their own I say.

Preference is a subjective thing I think.

Not everyone needs a stihl or huskypro saw.

Not every landscaper does lots of tree jobs a year.

That was my point. As a professional you know to buy good tools. If you bought the harbor freight 7 amp sawzall and used it every day you would have some problems. Yes it's cheaper but after 2 weeks you would have to buy another one and it doesn't have the power to do the cutting you need it to.

I ran Makita stuff for 7 years and now use it at home. Yea it was 4 times as much as royobi but it lasted 10 times as long. I have dewalt now. At that time they still had nicad batteries.

If you are going to use it and abuse it every day then spending more money in the beginning pays off in the end, every professional should know that. That's y I buy stihl and husky. My 028 and 051 still run perfect 30+ years later. The 051 was a logging saw.

When it comes to hand and power tools, I buy the best that I can afford. Sometimes, I buy what I want, whether I can afford it or not.

I've found that if I take care if my possessions, there's a very good chance that down the road if I should decide to sell something, I can get most of my investment back. I've done that time and time again. I've also done that in order to upgrade a tool or power tool.

The dealer may have not wanted to bother with it.

I Run Huskys, but my normal "Go To" shop for things other than saws is a Stihl dealer (I WISH they ere still a Husky Dealer:() and they are more than HAPPY to make up loops of any configuration I want, just off a phone call. It is Nice dealing with a Shop that is Knowledgeable, Happy to sell whatever you ask for, and even recognizes my voice on the phone.

My only complaint about Sandy Chainsaw, is the current color of their saws ;):), they even give a discount normally, without even asking, it's a Great place to do business with:yes:

Doug

Couldn't have said it better, your paying for the hype. Steve

I Dunno, I have Huskys, but any more the prices are pretty comparable, between them, and my 266XP is about 27 years old, and still starts usually on the first occasionally the second pull, IMO QUALITY tools are money well spent if properly cared for. There were other saws that I could have bought for less money, but I am VERY HAPPY with the service I have gotten out of my saws, the 266 in particular, in MY experience, my saws have lived up to their reputations and my expectations, it Ain't HYPE in my opinion. If a Harbor Freight tool does what you want of it, it might be a Good purchase for you, but I don't consider the reputation of Husqvarna or Stihl to be HYPE, Not CHEAP, but a Good Investment in Quality Tools in MY Opinion, YMMV.

Doug :cheers:

Stihl ain't hype. Stihl is rated the best chainsaw in the world repeatedly by independent sources.

So if it's hype then what do u buy if it's not husky or stihl. Echo? Makita/dolmar? Those aren't cheap. Timber pro that's a cheap saw. I'm still searching for the cheap quality saw that will last 30 years or more if taken care of. Yea the old poulans and Macs are still running and that's a good thing but buying new today, how Is the money well spent?

Man..all this bitchin and complaining cause some guy is making money and he's not using a high dollar pro Stihl saw. To each his own, You do what you can to get by and if that's all the guy can afford and it does it for him...Why should we complain? he's improvising, least he is out there working and not sitting on his ass drawing welfare. I say more power to him. one day he might buy a better saw when it is in the budget. Kinda like someone telling you the truck you bought is junk, well my answer would be if you buy it I will drive anything you like, until then don't worry about what I buy. All this comes down to the famous words of the Hildabeast "What difference does it make?"

Man..all this bitchin and complaining cause some guy is making money and he's not using a high dollar pro Stihl saw. To each his own, You do what you can to get by and if that's all the guy can afford and it does it for him...Why should we complain? he's improvising, least he is out there working and not sitting on his ass drawing welfare. I say more power to him. one day he might buy a better saw when it is in the budget. Kinda like someone telling you the truck you bought is junk, well my answer would be if you buy it I will drive anything you like, until then don't worry about what I buy. All this comes down to the famous words of the Hildabeast "What difference does it make?"

SHRN

Latest posts

Back