Why Do Stihl Saws Cost SO Much More?

Arborist Forum

Help Support Arborist Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok so why am I getting so much crap for saying that a wild thing is not the right saw to be using for a tree business. I never went into the ported 70cc saw area or said the guy need a pro saw.
When opinions get stated as though they are fact you run into other facts that are meant to change your opinions or to help you see there are other things to consider, at least that's what I would guess.
As far as the comments made about your age, I have no idea where that or the old underwear comments come into this conversation o_O.

All i know is when I bought my first chainsaw I thought the pro tree guys ran stihl saws or huskys so I went on Amazon and bought a 450 and it did every thing I needed it to. Had I known there are pro guys running wild things I would have saved 200 dollars and been disappointed. I own the wild thing size poulan. It's ok but limited for sure. I bought the 290 based on the size not because it made me feel like a farm boss and then I bought the 028 again because of the size and non clamshell design from 30 years ago not because I wanted to be a wood boss.

All i know is when I bought my first chainsaw I thought the pro tree guys ran stihl saws or huskys so I went on Amazon and bought a 450 and it did every thing I needed it to. Had I known there are pro guys running wild things I would have saved 200 dollars and been disappointed. I own the wild thing size poulan. It's ok but limited for sure. I bought the 290 based on the size not because it made me feel like a farm boss and then I bought the 028 again because of the size and non clamshell design from 30 years ago not because I wanted to be a wood boss.
I'm not saying that wild things are great saws by any means, but only that there are other ways if doing things. I never made any comments based on what saws you have, and for the sake of this conversation that doesn't matter much, but since you brought them into the conversation I'd say you could run a low budget tree company with those saws and make plenty of cash to buy whatever saws you chose to down the Rd.
Hopefully you don't think I was calling Steve names, he and I go a ways back and mean no disrespect for each other or towards others choice of saws they run. I run many saws and do not consider myself the norm as far as a saw owners are concerned.

Whatever we could go around in circles all day. My whole point way back when was that stihl like dewalt snap on ect. cost more because those are the tools that the "professionals" use. Or at least that's what people are supposed to believe. In my opinion those are the better tools. Use what u want idc. I'll keep my bosses and rancher and do what I do.

I've made my living doing tree work for 22 years with a Mini Mac, a Wild Thing, a dump trailer, and rusty clapped out 1979 ford pick em'up truck. The saws are replaced every year. Who cares the work gets done and the customers are happy.
triple-facepalm.jpg

Whatever we could go around in circles all day. My whole point way back when was that stihl like dewalt snap on ect. cost more because those are the tools that the "professionals" use. Or at least that's what people are supposed to believe. In my opinion those are the better tools. Use what u want idc. I'll keep my bosses and rancher and do what I do.
The important thing to know is you'll never be a professional running those saws:lol:.

I've made my living doing tree work for 22 years with a Mini Mac, a Wild Thing, a dump trailer, and rusty clapped out 1979 ford pick em'up truck. The saws are replaced every year. Who cares the work gets done and the customers are happy.
Picture of the dump trailer :laugh:.

I wouldn't be a professional even if I had an army of pro saws. But at least people see me holding a stihl and think I know what I'm doing.
Not necessarily, I've seen dumbasses holding 660 and 460 stihls before. Good thing they got them for looks and didn't actually use them much.

Husqvarna Dealer Inventory "Ordered to Much" ... $700 for the 372xp ... $809 for the 576xp (with bars) etc,

Stihl Corporate will no Longer spin Loops of oddball DL counts ? If it will not fit their bar (chain in Particular)
Stihl said "No" for a Cannon 29" 404. "Husqvarna" claims their full of it, rethought,? and reconsidered ...
Stihl dealer confirmed, how absurd Corporate has became. They needed a piece of coil wire. Corporate refused, as they had to order a 50' spool for ex.

"The Lufthansa" th.jpg

Latest posts

Back